1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Zouave sbs

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Apr 7, 2005.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Guys.Sorry for not being that active lately but have been very busy. I want to show you my latest piece in an sbs form. It's a zouave from the ACW. Hope you like it

[IMG]

The first picture shows the figure in Mannequin form. The head is A shenandoah piece. You can notice from this picture some errors which were later corected. Firstly , the shins are too long. Also , although it doesn't show much here , as it is the neck would end up too long too. These mishaps were duly corrected as sen in the other pics. You may also note that the torso area was cut approximately were I drew the line because it too was very long . This step gave me a lot more flexibilty, especially in this particular pose.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

These views show the trousers nearly completed and work in progress on the jacket

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

The figure nearly complete. The musket is undergoing conversion

[IMG]

detail

Comments are welcome :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  2. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Love the detail with Kneadatite. That had to be a little tedious.
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great work so far Stephen. I really like the work you've done so far. Keep it up.
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good so far Stephen..........look fwd to the next step
  5. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Amazing,

This has a lot brush potential.

Marc
  6. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice Stephen, my comment is that when I put my own right arm in a position such as this, my shoulder seems to be pointed more to the back than straight out, and my wrist droops down and doesn't seem as straight as your figure's. Maybe it is just the photos.
    I really like the pose; it's looking good, and zouaves are one of my favorites. Can't wait to see the next steps.
    Pete
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Wonderful detail and pose! I'm also a fan of Zouaves! Do you know what regiment, year, etc., this would be?

Is the length of the upper part of the right arm the same as the left? Maybe it's the photos, etc., but it looks shorter to my often fallible eyes. And I agree with Pete about the right arm, shoulder and wrist.

I look forward to you finishing this one!!

all the best,
    dan
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Stephen, beautiful work, as usual.
    Looking forward to the next step.

Cheers

Roc. :)
  9. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Guys ,thanks for the comments.

Dan , the length you're referring to is definately the same. The reason for this ,firstly I make sure I cut the same lengths of wire and measuring the elbows when I bend. Nonethe less I had the same feeling at first and kept re measuring. I concluded that this impression is derived from the drooping left shoulder which adds to the sense of length.
    I agree with you and Pete regarding the wrist that should fall a little. It wasn't easy trying to get everything fall in place. On the other hand I don't agree about the shoulder for the simple reason that I tried this pose numerous times, took pictures of myself in this pose. Maybe it's my shoulder that's distorted :lol: :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  10. nagashino New Member

Hello Steve

I like it :)

Is it going to be finished in the "classic" blue/red or will we see something a little different?

Watching with interest (y)

Best regards

Phil
  11. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Phil, how're you doing my friend. Glad to hear from you here. Well , this chap is quite colourful. Red trousers and fez , blue jacket , light blue sash and yellow trim allover. BTW it's a 74th Regt. zouave.Will keep you posted

Stephen Mallia
  12. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi Stephen,
    It is probably just the photo that makes the shoulder look strange. Seeing a figure in three dimension can be quite different than in two. I too use a camera and take pictures of my family members in the pose I am trying to create. It's a great tool.

Waiting to see this guy in color!
    Pete
  13. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    No problem Pete. Thing is that after I read your post and before I replied back I went and took a few pics again , measured arm lengths etc just to make sure.Constructive critisism like yours always helps to correct any mistakes. That's why I post my work here because you can never tell what you might have missed

Stephen Mallia
  14. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Great work Stephen, there is nothing more to add I guess. I do not understand how you get that fiddly embroidery on its place. Probably my fingers are to sticky!

Do not let us wait to long for the rest.

Johan :eek: