1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Zeus

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by smudger1960, Sep 24, 2011.

1. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:,yes i know the spartan now,i brought one of these last year off matt but i hav'nt started it yet,its a lovely piece,dont be too long with the pics,can you send me some pics of your pegaso hussar,i thought you did a lovely job on that and its definately on my shopping list.

brian.smith1960@btinternet.com

Brian (y)
  2. Don Well-Known Member

Brian your Zeus is looking super and cant wait to see it finished, the pale blue of his toga seem to fit the whole scene perfectly.
    Why cant you get time to paint during the day, dont tell me you are the sort of chap who does nightshift to work?
    Looking forward to the completed figure.

Don
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Don,the problem with railway maintenance work at night is its the only time you can get anything done,i work on one of the buisiest lines in the country - west coast main line -and its impossible to do maintenance work with the lines open in the daytime,the hours are shorter which is nice but it f---s your body clock up,you think i'd be used to it after 23yrs,must be my age catching up with me :(
    Glad you like the piece so far,i'll have another update shortly,hope your keeping well mate :D.

Brian (y)
  4. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I have now completed the painting of the white toga and i'm about 75% complete with the blue on the bottom half,progress is slow but i dont want to rush things at this stage.

The eagle is almost complete,all i have to do is a bit more detailing round the eagles head and a bit more attension to the colours on the wings,unfortunately through careless handling :mad: i damaged part of the rear talon so i will need to resculpt this is the final stages of completion.

Many thanks for your patience,coments and critism most welcome (y)

Brian

Attached Files:

Duke likes this.
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work Brian.
    Carl.(y)
  6. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Fleshtones look brilliant as does the clothing. If i may ask what kind of eagle are you aiming for?
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Carl - Thanks for your coments

Dimitrios - I copied the colours from a library book on birds of prey,i think its a northern european type golden eagle,i saw an american one but it was mostly black in colour,i was trying to match the colours on the box art with the ones i saw in the book :)

Brian:)
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You disappoint me Brian:lol: thought you might have gone with a Scottish golden eagle
    since you affiliation with the Tartan Army
  9. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi
    Brian this is coming together really well
    I saw this kit at Euro... and liked it
    Think your setting of it .. is getting the very best out of it

Frank
  10. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Brian , this is the nuts !!!! i remember looking at this with you at euro and now imho this is your best work yet .
    Well painted mate
    sam
  11. Duke Active Member

Greece
    Very nice work Brian!
    i like the combination of colors and the new scene!

looking forward to see it finished
    I bet that the result will be.. divine!!

S.