1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Yury Serebriakov - Landsknecht Bust

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Guy, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I receieved an email from our member, Yury Serebriakov, who is a talented sculptor for the once Seil Miniatures and also of Pegaso Miniatures. Yury just completed the master of another Landsknecht bust for Ademola 22 Miniatures.

From Yury he wrote to me:

It is a bust of the Landsknecht 1:9 (200мм). It's not finished while, therefore I hope for any comments, corrections, additions!

Warm regards,
    Sincerely,
    Yury

Landsknecht 200mm

yury A.jpg

yury B.jpg yury C.jpg

yury D.jpg yury E.jpg

yury f.jpg yury G.jpg

yury I.jpg

Yury would like to hear your comments, corrections needed or additions needed as it is not complete.

2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful sculpt, really like the facial expression and texture to the hat. A true work of art.
    Cheers Ken
  3. Einion Well-Known Member

On the sculpting front I'd say this is awesome! Every feature of the face is just about perfect, looks like a real person. The stubble, the ears, the subtle smile are all top notch; as good as it gets. And the hair, personally I'm a huge fan of this level of intricate, obsessive detail in hair sculpting, if it can be replicated in the casting.

The bust overall though... the jacket hanging open the way it does looks wrong. In a full figure I think this could work - where you'd see the whole garment - but seeing only the top portion like this it just looks odd to me.

Einion
  4. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Thanks Guy for posting this fantastic work of art! It is nothing short of amazing!!!!!

Does anyone know what material Yury has used to sculpt this exceptional masterpiece?

I love to see great work!

Carl
  5. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Totally awesome sculpting Yury ,I hope this is going to be a commercial piece.I for one think this is far superior to any of the other Landsknecht busts available.

Cheers David
  6. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    :eek: What a realistic face!! Masterpiece!

Thanks Guy for sharing it!
  7. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Wow...!!! Awesome!
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Just one word: Excellent

Marc
  9. JoseJarque Active Member

Fantastic, a work very nice
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Simply fantastic work here Yury! Just love every part of it. The texture on the hat, the hair, the folds in the shirt, the stubble on the face.........just a knock out! Thanks for sharing! An absolute must have when it goes commercial! Guy, Yury, keep us posted!!!!!!!

Jay H.
    Okc
  11. prickett2 New Member

Yurok!Going to lose my jaw.....Have nothing to say but "W0W"!Another excellent piece of art!
  12. Kirtles Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    This is an amazing sculpt & Ademola are really making a name for themselves with releases like this.

Needless to say, I will be getting this model as soon as it's available......

Steve

www.skminiatures.co.uk
  13. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    This is a fantastic sculpture!
    Guy, thanks for sharing.

Marcel.
  14. denducky Member

Belgium
    i love this one also, the face is one of the best i have seen jet, but i have some problemes with the hair. i know ,it is difficult to sculpt
    it is soo fine with so mutch details and lines.
    i have also problemes with it,
    but like i say, it is a fine and compleet fine bust

greetings lieven
  15. Y.S. Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Thanks for your kind words!
    It's good stimulus for new works!

Sincerely,
    Yury
  16. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    This is a wonderful bust. I look forward to buying this piece.

Best
    Jeff
  17. Mark S Guest

Yuri,you are a brilliant sculptor no doubt.
    I have many of your pieces,they're great.
    This piece is superb as it is but I reckon It could even be better with the inclusion of an entire left arm folded back across the chest with the hand fiddling with perhaps a pair of dice (although that sounds a bit cliched),perhaps stuffing a pipe single handed as per the style of the day or fondling a leather pouch of winnings or mercenary earnings.
    Cheers,well done!!
  18. je_touche Member

Germany
    Stuffing a pipe in the early years of the 16th century? Hmm, did I miss any news about the import of tobacco from the New World?

Very nice sculpt as is.
  19. Y.S. Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Thanks for good ideas!
    It can be used for new busts!
    But this is moulding already...
  20. Doberdob Active Member

Superb sculpting! The face is excellent.