1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Yugoslav People’s Liberation Army Partisan 1945

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Michaelminiatures, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    Hello All,
    New bust from United Empire Miniatures
    Yugoslav People’s Liberation Army
    Partisan 1945
    (with captured MG 42 machine gun)
    1/9 scale resin bust
    Sculpted by: Pavol Ovecka
    Box art painted by: Mike Cramer
    Item: PO09

Yugoslav People’s Liberation Army Partisan 1945
    He has a captured German MG 42 machine gun slung over his left shoulder and plenty of ammunition. This was a great bust to paint German shirt, Yugoslav Army cap and nearly 200 bullets. On the base is the Yugoslavian Partisan Army badge 1945. The red flag sticking from the barrel of the machine gun was earned by the machine gunner. It reads: NAJBOLJI MI TRALJEZAC II BATALJUNU PRVOMAJ. TAKMICENJE It means: Best machine gunner II battalion 1.May competition. I painted this bust for the www.unitedempireminiatures.com box art can be ordered on page 10 of our site. I painted this 1/9 scale bust with acrylic's.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Mike

Nice looking bust like the face and the pointing finger especially , nice touch with the flag as well

I presume it comes with the star as well on the base

Thanks for sharing tge release and your artwork

Nap

PS I turned etc pictures
    Michaelminiatures and Reptor like this.
  3. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Very beautiful bust for a very beautiful range of figurine! Superb painting and very beautiful sculpture. Thanks for the news:love:(y)
  4. offo A Fixture

Nice paint work my Friend.(y):)
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  5. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    He is a happy partisan pointing to his captured MG42. The Partisan star is sculpted on the base all resin. The MG 42 machine gun is resin and is a separate piece.
    Parts: Torso, head right arm, left arm, MG 42 machine gun, barrel-release catch, bipod legs(2), bullet bandolier, first aid pouch, base,flag
  6. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    Nap,
    Thanks for turning the pictures. This bust is based on a photo taken of the Partisan during the war.
    I have a blog for my painted figures,if you would like to visit go to: MichaelMiniatures.blogspot.com
  7. milten2004 Active Member

United-States
    Small corrections needed in order to be grammatically correct:
    NABOLJI MITRALJEZAC
    II BATALJON
    PRVOMAJSKO TAKMICENJE

(PRVOMAJ. TAKMICENJE - also correct)

I like the bust very much by the way. Must have.

Regards,
  8. milten2004 Active Member

United-States
    According this illustration correct text could be:

NABOLJI MITRALJEZAC U
    II BATALJONU ZA
    PRVOMAJ. TAKMICENJE

Or

NABOLJI MITRALJEZAC
    II BATALJONA ZA
    PRVOMAJ. TAKMICENJE

Attached Files:

offo and Michaelminiatures like this.
  9. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    Djordje,
    Thanks for the text on the flag, here is a photo of the Partisan. Would be nice to know who the person was.

Attached Files:

10. milten2004 Active Member

United-States
    It might help if you tell me where did you get this photo. Is it from some book?
    Judging by surroundings my bet is that this photo was taken somewhere on Croatian cost. There is some water in the lower right corner. Secondly, text on the flag is written in "Latinic" letters. One more thing that indicates that this is Croatia.
    Right now I can tell you this much.
  11. Michaelminiatures A Fixture

United-States
    The print above is from a book, Uniforms of WWII . The photo was found on the web ,Google Yugoslavian Partisan and then hit images. The photo shows up after a scroll down.