1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Your thoughts, on a rather expensive kit ! lol.

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Tubby-Nuts2, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
  3. faust18 Active Member

Ive got the sol zundapp it its brilliant, honestly, theyve taken alot of time making sure its all good to go before sending , I have the 200mm falschy too, good company,mick.I bought from AC I like his work but its 'loose' for some details impressionistic to a degree but great movement etc, its love or hate with AC, I bought the 1/24th zundapp crew I took alot of tidying up, mick
  4. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Del, I saw this, and thought nice but no chance as I know I would struggle with the 75mm figures.

Thanks Mick, I see you are working on a, Zundapp! but @ 188 GBP. Its a lot of money.

Regards,

Mark
  5. IIICorps Active Member

United-States
    Sorry. I cannot help. The kit has no interest for me, so price/quality is a moot point.
    :shy:
  6. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ok, ..thanks for your input. :confused: ??

Regards,

Mark
  7. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Mark, Just my humble opinion, if they included the base shown or provided a suitable one, maybe it would be closer to being worth it. You could get several Jeff Shui figures for that price. Although I must admit I'd be tempted as well, very nice looking set.
    Tom
  8. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I went to their ebay store and found the other Zundapp bike with a dispatch rider figure they're offering and I did some very basic math guesswork, (which is still above my calculation abilities:LOL: ), and broke it down like this:

Shipping- 20-30$ approximate, (seems like this is going up every day:mad: )
    figures- for good ones, I would say 40-50$ each
    The motorcycle kit-I don't know very many 1/16 scale kits that are under a hundred
    plus they are including parts that you can modify the figures with. I guess it comes closer to their listed price. The reason I went through this Mark is that now we are in the same boat, I'm trying to convince myself that I really could use the dispatch rider figure and bike:D I even have an old Verlinden base that I could put it on. Sometimes I wish it wasn't so easy to buy things like this. A couple of clicks of the mouse, and well, you know how it goes;)
    Tom
  9. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Tom, I saw the other single rider @ 113 GBP. and the stand-alone bikes. But as you say its breaking the monies down. and I agree, on how easy it is just to click away, but then wake up the following morning, saying, 'What have I just done !!:cry: ... LOL.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOL-Model...036796345?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item19da4f0db9
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOL-Model...036794992?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item19da4f0870
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOL-Model...036793518?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item19da4f02ae

Regards,

Mark
  10. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    However ! these have got me by the 'Short & Curlies', I cant stop looking at them. LOL. I guess its time to sell some stuff, to fund it.:arghh:

Mark
    T-34/85 likes this.
  11. faust18 Active Member

They are a real nice ynal type resin buildable not at all like anything this scale by verlinden, but purists would say the ks750 was not designated a single, just warning you, no but honestly really impressed, mick
  12. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Faust, I did find this an interesting quick read ! especially about the single version, and the fact that it used as many of the BMW R75, parts as was possible.

http://www.vincelewis.net/zundapp.html

Regards,

Mark
  13. faust18 Active Member

Great article, ive owned and built a few a bmw R75, R71 combi and dkw nz350, riding plenty of ks750's , but the 500, 800and 900 you cant get parts for and are a differnt horse, pwerful to ride single and suicide shift, lots of fun,damper screwed down full, theyl throw your kidney s out your mouth.Back to the model the rider figure aint all that itd go fine with lots of things with an unmounted figure ,best mick
    Tubby-Nuts2 likes this.
  14. faust18 Active Member

A cheaper potion maybee searching ebay for a period bike as they rode evrything they could paint grey
  15. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Faust,
    As far as I can tell, there is not much out there, @ 1/16th. Granted, there are plenty of figures, but not much in the way of Bikes. There is a range of, 1/9th scale stuff which I am also looking into ! However, these might be a little too large.

Regards,

Mark
  16. faust18 Active Member

Theres very little to be had in 1/16th that without major suurgery that will turn out ok thats avaliable in production, I do have the Revell 1/9 kubel, lovely kit , all as new box is loved but I dont build them just the contents, its got a post mounted mg42 and jerry can , lid, g tin, ive also some 200mm figures the falshy rider for r75, kirin 1/9 karkov and warriors ardennes falschy and a bunch of other stuff 1/9 thrown in, and the moz crete flaschy with mg on shoulder , the figures are fine might need a spec of putty here and there from storage,£60 and post would be bout a tenner I supose, they are £85 on ebay for the kubel alone youl be able to cook something up amoungst that lot its not my scale so you might as well have what ive got, let me know , Mick