1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Youngs Roman Centurion Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by iceman, Jul 23, 2006.

1. iceman Member

Hello all,

Just thought you might like to see my latest effort.

When I 1st saw this bust I was captivated, even more so when I saw what people had been able to do with it on the Youngs website, I just had to get it although my personal preference are Napoleonics and late 18th century.

It is beautifully sculpted and cast excellently in a buff resin, with very little clean and absolutely no air bubbles.

Once again sorry about the quality of the images, I really do need to sort out a better camera and lighting set up!

As always critique, however harsh is much appreciated.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Tim,
    so far so good! Keep us posted. I have this piece "in the wigns" as well. It is a beauty isn't it?!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Nicely done so far Tim

This is on my list to pick up at Euro in September

Frank
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good so far Tim. Too early to critique. I really enjoyed painting this bust.......one of my favorites.
  5. iceman Member

Sambaman

Thanks. This is a lovely figure, I'm sure that you'll do it justice.

Frank h

Hopefully I'll be attending Euro for the 1st time ever this year, might bring this along. If you get it you won't be disappointed.

Guy

Thanks for your comment, I guess it is too soon for critique, any way the images posted are good enough to see any errors, nor good points. I hope he turns out as nice as yours!

Reagrds

Tim
  6. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looking good so far Tim(I would put some redish filters to the cheekbones,around the nose-breaks the monotony)
    Keep us posted
    christos
  7. iceman Member

Christos

Photos aren't the best so have lost a lot of the contrast, in the flesh the features are more apparent, honestly! You may be right though the cheeks could have slightly more flush applied to them, although I am trying to give the impression of the figure being cold. (I guess that's one of the reason why he has a wolf's skin around his shoulders.)

Thanks for your comment.

Regards

Tim
  8. Kyle Member

United-States
    Tim,

Sharply done. Very nice colors on face. I particularly like your color and shading of the plume. Nice natural lighting as well.

Cheers,

Kyle ;)
  9. iceman Member

Kyle

Thanks for looking, appreciate your coments, the light was good, just the photographer is useless. My digital is so old, that you cannot adjust any aperature elements, I much prefer my 35mm SLR manual Pentax A1, the only problem is the slowness in using film and getting it developed, I guess I'm going to have to invest in a good 35mm digital.

I'm pleased with the plume, it's base was Vallejo's royal purple, then washed with Citadel's purple wash, dry brushed with the royal purple, mixed with a bit of Vallejo's ivory, then washed again with Citadel's black ink, then a final wash of Citadel's purple wash towards the top of the plume only. again the photos don't show it to the best though.

Regards

Tim