1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Young's Roman Centurion Bust update

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by iceman, Jul 28, 2006.

1. iceman Member

I have been able to crack on with this fantatic project. I have really enjoyed it.

I have done a bit to the face as Figure Mad and Christos suggested, hope that it now looks better.

Thought you might like to see some updated images, the quality is certainly better, but still could be vastly improved with the right photo set up!

As always comments and critique very welcome, please be harsh if you want to.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks for looking.

Kind regards

Tim
  2. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    That looks really good, nice work
  3. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Nice metal colors mate!!!

I agre with the comments of Guest. Also centurions didn't have the kinen broad band around the chest and the crest was transverce!!!

I have the same bust but althought historicaly not accurate i love it!!!
  4. iceman Member

Thanks Johan

I had heard that this was in accurate, but it is such a wonderful figure, I had to get it. I normally do Napoleonics, so please excuse the painting inaccuracies. From your comments it would appear that most people who have painted this are inaccurate as well as I relied on the gallery on the Young's website as well as vbenches and posts on this site by other members.

In real life you can see more highlights, but they could go more, I'm always worried to over emphasis. For the record the crest is actually a midnight purple. I use acrylics, but might switch to enamels for doing this, tend to dry brush better, for me any way.

Thanks for the valuable feed back, if I ever do any more Romans I'll make sure that they are accurately portrayed.

Reagrds

Tim
  5. iceman Member

periklis_sale

Thanks for your post.

Yes I did read this on your post, when you were doing your research.

I love him as well, it's a great figure, warts and all
  6. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Tim,

In spite of the inaccuracies, I think you did a beautiful job, even tho that's not the word usually used to describe a centurion. Even if the colors aren't entirely accurate, they all go well together here & make for a fine looking bust. It's always interesting to see something that's painted a bit out of the ordinary especially if it's painted as well as this is.

Mike
  7. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    I have this bust also, excellent sculpt even though it may be innaccurate (I guess, not my cup of tea- this era of history). I hope to make mine look as good as yours- excellent painting.
    Scott
  8. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good painting Tim!
    keep up
    christos