1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Young's Pirate Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Feb 6, 2010.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi All,
    Haven't posted for a while and Tony Dawe has prompted me to post the progress on this bust. There are several of us from our figure club doing the same bust as a bit of fun, kindly helped out by Empire Hobbies (Busso Boy) and Young Miniatures.
    I have done a couple of alterations, such as refined the moustache and scar on the cheek. The face is very close to being completed just a few touch ups here and there (I have gone for a weathered, spanish look). On the body, I need to complete the blanket draped over his shoulder and do the scarf (not sure about the colour yet, any advice????).
    I have also done a few changes to the monkey for his shoulder, but will post photos when he looks a bit better.
    Any comments are welcome
    Ben

Attached Files:

Marcel, Mike Stevens, Tommi and 2 others like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looking really good allready.

Marc
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ben,

Good to see your latest progress pics mate. I like your colour choices on the Pirate and I'm curious to see what you've done to that poor monkey.
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thank you Marc and Tony, will post more pics when I have something descent to show.
    Ben
  5. tony66 Member

Australia
    I like the skin tone that your using Ben. I need to get this one out and start painting.
    Tony Del
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking nice so far Ben, i will be following this one as it goes along.

Steve(y)
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Steve and Tony, thanks for your encouragement, hope to put up some more photos on the weekend.
    Ben