1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Young's Para.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by housecarl, May 4, 2012.

1. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Thanks again for taking the time to comment.(y)
    Mat, the Denison is Panzer Aces light mud 315 for the base. 312 Leather Belt with a touch of red for the brown, Vallejo 850 Olive green. self explanatory that one. ;) I put a touch of the base in to both of these. To help tie it all in. The base highs with Ivory shaded with English uniform. Brown, shaded with black, highs Iraqi sand again. Green, English Uniform again and Iraqi sand highs. Can you tell I like that colour?:rolleyes:
    Hope that helps,
    Carl.(y)
  2. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Carl, I think I got all that on the camo! What did you use for the webbing and pouches etc? That's the what I struggle with the most. Sorry if you included that before and I misunderstood.
    Cheers Mat
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Sorry Mat, 50/50 Light mud and Panzer Aces Canvas VAL314. Highs with Ivory, shaded with more Canvas and a touch of English Uniform.
    Carl.(y)
  4. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Stunning paint my friend!!!

Thanks
    Alexandros
  5. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Not having seen Carl's face and taking your word for it Ron, I will only think that Carl is easily capable of doubling for George Clooney.
    Cheers, Guys,
    Keith

6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    More like Mickey Rooney Keith.;)
    Carl.(y)
    Wings5797 likes this.
  7. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Carl. I actually wasn't properly aware ot the Panzer Aces colours before your reply and I looked them up on Google - I just thought they were sets made from the regular Model Colour range. So it's a big revelation! Can you get them individually or do you have to get the sets? Maybe not too bad to get a set anyway as a lot of the colours you suggest are together in Panzer Aces Set2.
    Cheers Mat
  8. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great job Carl,I have this bust and I,m looking forward to painting it,it's nice to see your piece,very inspiring
  9. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    For some reason they're more expensive than normal Vallejos, I would imagine you could get the standard colours to match.
    Yes you can buy them separately.
    Carl.(y)
  10. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Looks great Carl. I especially like your rendition of the camouflage.
  11. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    looking good Carl. You are progressing very nicely. This is very nice overall. Keep pluggin away.
  12. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    This is superb - just perfect.
  13. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks great Carl!!
  14. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Thanks again for looking in.
    Carl.(y)