1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Young WWII Eastern Front German Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    finished1.jpg Long time no post!

I've been quite busy with real life stuff, as such I haven't been able to spend a whole lot of time at the bench or online. I have done a little bit though, after just finishing my second armor kit in many years I decided to paint another stock bust.

I have the honor to have the box art piece for this Young bust painted by Sang Eon Lee in my collection, so it was an obvious choice to paint my own version.

The bust is painted mainly with acrylics but some oils were used. I find that after doing armor models it is easier to switch back and forth between mediums.

Anyhow. This is a great bust to paint, and it felt good to be back painting again. Hope to start something new shortly!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    Anders,

That is awesome paintwork! The weathering on the helmet is very cool and just how I would imagine it. Great skin tones.
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Very much a unique style to my eye (which I like). I like the mix of hyper-realistic metals (helmet) and wood grain with the high contrast flesh that looks like an art print to my eye. Not a criticism by any means.

Colin
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    outstanding my man!! Great to see you back at it sir.
  5. Vaux Well-Known Member

Spain
    Nice work!! Nice face and helmet!!

Juanma
  6. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    awesome my friend!
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Awesome piece Anders! Great skintones
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Beautifully done Anders!

All the best,
    Dan
  9. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Anders, Beautiful painting. I like the way you have done the face, great colors. The weathered helmet, uniform, and equipment, are excellent. The wood grain on the weapon stock looks fantastic, and very realistic. Hope to see more of your work soon. Regards, SG:)(y)(y)
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment!

The figure is not quite as bright in person, especially the face. I tried some new things with the face, it is shaded almost entirely with green and red, something which I will try again. It is always fun to try new things and to see what sort of results they produce.

Thanks again guys! Hope to get back into posting more like in the old days!
  11. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Lots of different textures stand out as a result of your smooth brushwork Anders. The well used look on the stahlhelm is spot on, I like it! (y)

Joe
  12. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    That helmet is flawless!
  13. Elaphus Active Member

Germany
    Brillant work, absolut great !!!!
  14. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great to see you back in action. Your painting on this bust it's fantastic. Very well done.

Xenofon
  15. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Superb work! Anders, good to see you're back.
  16. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    I like!

Pedro.
  17. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks guys for all your comments! I really appreciate you taking the time to post. Hope to post a new project soon.
  18. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Anders,
    Nice to have you back. Great painting and the helmet is awesome.
    Cheers
    John
  19. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Love everything about this, helmet is incredible. Happy to see your back at it!
    Scott
  20. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    I don't think Anders ever left! He just went underground for a few months. :)