1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Young Union 1st Sgt ACW - Regimental S4 Review

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    RS4-018
    The Young Union 1st Sergeant ACW
    54mm resin
    4 parts
    Sculpted & painted by Hap Wolfgram

RS4-018 front.JPG
    ( wheel not included )
    Historical Note / reference:

Hap Wolfgram sculpted this 54mm resin figure from a photograph taken during the Civil War. It depics a young boy, barely able to shave yet, in the uniform of the Union Army.

Union%201st%20Sgt%20ACW.jpg

This figure comes cast in a yellow / white resin and consists of 4 resin parts. Base, torso, head and hat and hand. Very little clean up required due to almost no seam lines. The major clean up would be removing the mold plug from the feet.

18-10.jpg

Below are 3 views of the head clearly showing the youth of the figure.

18-05.jpg

18-04.jpg 18-03.jpg

Below are the 4 views of the torso.

18-09.jpg 18-02.jpg

[ continued in next post ]

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    18-01.jpg 18-06.jpg

Below are the front and back of the hand and hat.

18-08.jpg 18-07.jpg

Front & Back views of the box art:

RS4-018 front.JPG RS4-018 back.JPG

Conclusion:

An excellent 54mm figure depicting the young Sgt of the Union Army. Very little clean up needed. Highly recommended.

Regimental S4 website - click here

3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the review Guy.
    That is a great little figure. Two things strike me. Firstly I have been looking at a lot of Civil War photo's recently and this is the first time I've seen the coat open like this on a figure when so many photo's show it being worn this way.
    Secondly the boots. I'm not a expert but I think the photo is probably of a young infantryman wearing wellington boots. Again something not often seen in miniature.
    I think I'm going to have to get this one.

Roger
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    A very fine piece.
    It has to wait though. I 've just started on two acw figures
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the review. I think the figure perfectly captures the subject of the photo, which has a feel of trying to be tough while being scared c!@#less. my only complaint about the figure it the the arms and torso are cast together as one piece, this will make converting (which I need to do for a vignette I am planning) that much more difficult.