1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Young Somme Bust - Slightly Modified

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Jan 30, 2013.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Tony - I wasn't aware that your lot were so heavily engaged prior to July 1 - I thought that the Aussies and Canucks were primarily engaged once the British army had burned itself out in July and August...it always amazes me the casualty levels WWI units sustained while just soldiering on. Many men were seriousy wounded over and over. A blighty one was not always a permanent ticket home and those from the colonies had to have a real reason to be sent home.

The bust will certainly be a family heirloom.

Colin
    Mike - The Kiwi and tonydawe like this.
  2. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Colin just reconnected with this thread.
    Did you ever finish this piece?

My great great uncle was also killed on first day of Messines v3 at La Basseville 31 Jul 17.
    Another was wounded in May of that year, bringing home a gammy leg & memories that prevented him having a family.

I am planning a series of tributes to them both, as you have done here.
    So keen to hear how you went about keeping their story alive & look forward to seeing final chapter :)

Thanks for sharing "the letter " above.

Mike
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Colin ,

Love this bust and especially what you are doing wth it ..fleshtones are great really like your work , as for the historical details ..just top class ...the letter is amazing .

Love the shoulder titles

Thanks for sharing

Nap