1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

YOUNG MINIATURES

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by garyjd, Oct 13, 2006.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Since someone already commented in the NEWS section I'll throw in my two cents FWIW here. It would be hard to believe this figure is not influenced by the Elite Jacobite. While the head is okay the bottom half of the figure is better than the top half in terms of period look. The shirt looks like a modern day men's dress shirt with a nicely starched collar. The waistcoat is just waaaay too short for the period, as it should go well below the waist. Both of these garments could easily be corrected with the shirt requiring the most work. If you're not at all concerned about these types of things enjoy painting the figure as is.~Gary
  2. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks for the clarifications Gary. The big influence from elites figure, and the likeness of the head, may prevent many people from purchasing this figure.

Xenofon
  3. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Gary

I like the figure and may get it, what should the shirt look like and how would you fix the collar ??

On the positve side the Dirk looks very accurate for the late 18th. Century
  4. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I would soften the sharpness of it. Shirts of that time had high collars that typically had a button or two. It was common to wear a neckstock around the neck. I'm not sure how common they would have been among lower classes in Scotland. This is where a little research comes into play. If you get the figure and want to make a few small changes let me know I'd be happy to help out if possible.~Gary