1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Young Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Young B. Song sent me an email announcing his newest release with his own company, Young Miniatures.

Young Miniatures web site

"Feldgendarmerie"
    1/10th scale resin
    sculpted/painted by Young B. Song

[IMG]
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    A very nice bust. The interesting thing is he has no headgear. Although I love the effect he's got with the goggles on the forehead and the way it pushes back the hair (well sculpted hair at that). I think a helmet or softcap at the least would have made it more attractive.~Gary
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have to agree with Gary on this one, I think some kind of headgear would been better, but I'll add it to the list of figures I'll covet and maybe even buy, but will never paint (well), sigh.
  4. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
  5. stormtrooper New Member

What a brilliant piece .It has life ,character, and expression and all in a true bust ,as to the question of headgear the sculpt is correct for what I pressume to be from one of my favourite regiments and periods (12th ss normandy44) If any of you have militaria magazine there is aperiod picture of a motorcyclist with no head gear and anyway the piece is far more striking without it . I shall definately be getting one .
  6. Larry R New Member

Yes I agree, nice to see it without the headgear..stiking bust
  7. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Love the face!!! Excellent piece overall...
    The fact that it has no head gear makes
    it stands out from the other German busts, IMHO.
    Could be a good conversion project if anyone
    wants to put a hat on :)

Regards
    Taesung
  8. Pete_H New Member

The lack of headgear seems to give the face some character. I like it. But what kind of camouflage pattern is that? It kind of looks like pea-pattern, but I'm not sure. It seems kind of obscure.
  9. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Now that you mention it Pete, the camo does seem obscure. Actually, it looks post war to me, but you are the expert on such things.
  10. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very neat bust. And i like the fact that he isn't wearing headgear. And the painting on the figure is nice too. Another must have. Brock