1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Young Miniatures Russian Cossack WWII

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Marc Day, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Marc Day Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    I've been asked by Military Modelcraft International to paint this piece as an article originally intended for the November issue, but because of delays, now more likely to appear in December. Although Modelcraft is essentially an armour mag, it may be of interest to some that it has recently increased in size to 100 pages and the plan is to feature at least one figure article each month. To stay in keeping with the general theme of the mag the pieces featured will date from WWI to the present.
    Obviously, because I'm doing this as an article, I can say very little about how I'm doing things, but we felt that it couldn't hurt to post some pics from time to time, so that you can see how it progresses. This is how things have gote to date.
    2C.JPG 3.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG
    Wings5797, Vanja, phil_h and 3 others like this.
  2. svt A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    The painting of the PPSh is not complete?
  3. Marc Day Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Very nearly. There will probably be a few finishing touches once it's attached to the bust. You have me worried. Is there something wrong?
  4. svt A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Yes, the metal parts were black.

PPSh-41.jpg
  5. artur_koszewski Active Member

Poland
    Marc,

As for the PPSh, good effect for metal parts, gives painting them in satin black and then rub on with cotton bud, a gunmetal and/or polished metal pigments on the raised elements and leaving recessed areas in satin black. The pigments I mean are offered for example by AMMO by Mig Jimenez or Uschi van der Rosten.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Matc

This has always been a favourite sculpt ..but never painted it ! ...coming on well with good constructive info from members ref weapon as well .

I know a man not far from this forum who has replaced the weapon with a musical instrument ...it's looks brilliant ....YES ...I mean you Jimbo Evans

Following your work on this and look forward to seeing the article when published

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  7. Marc Day Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Interesting view that the PPSH should be black. A brand new one might look blackish I suppose, but that's not the effect I'm looking for. K (2).jpg
    Nap likes this.