1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Young Miniatures - New Release September

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    YC1801
    Title : FIRE FIGHTER
    Size : 1/10 Scale Bust
    Material : Resin
    Pieces : 17
    Weight : 190g
    Master & painted by Young B Song

YC1801-1.jpg

YC1801-3.jpg

YC1801-5.jpg

YC1801-6.jpg

Young Miniature Web-site
    click here

-GT-, crf, Jamie Stokes and 12 others like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Fitting tribute to all those those lost, and were affected by 9-11.
    Carl.
    captnenglish and pmfs like this.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    GREAT!!!
  4. elgreco A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great looking bust. I like this! Well done Young.
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    I'll be buying this one!
  6. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice, like the face a lot and one I will be adding to the collection for sure

Tommi
  7. 43rdMichael Member

Nicely done.

I would tend to paint this as one of the clean-faced individuals seen in so many stair-well photos. Emotional anniversary for so many.
  8. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Definite must have! Thanks Young Miniatures!
    Scott
  9. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Very nice 1-a fitting tribute.:)
  10. eissteban Active Member

France
    Celui-là je le veux !
  11. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Nice bust Young,
    The only thing I see is the helmet looks a little small - other then that very nice bust..

Here is a New York City Fireman bust that Alan Ball and myself did about 4 years ago. When I made the helmet, I bought a real fireman helmet and scale it out. Went to my local fire house in New York City and mic out all the equipment.
    The fire house lost 13 fireman that day. I new all of them..
    Engine 40 Ladder 35

The fireman bust is Still available from Special Ops Models.

Andy

Attached Files:

12. D.Lesko Member

This is an awesome bust but i like the Spec Ops Models one a little better. When is someone going to sculpt a NYPD bust to honor all the police officers that died that day?
  13. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Hi
    I like this one very much but I know it's already been said ..maybe the brim of the helmet might be a little small for the old fashioned New York Fire Department style helmet.

Also after being a Firefighter myself for 30 years in the U.K. I know for sure that hose would not stay on his shoulder very long like that without his hand holding on to the branch(nozzle)

Cheers
    Jimbo
  14. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    I was thinking the helmet was small as well. I thought that it could be, in part, due to it being photographed against a black background and we really aren't seeing the entire brim, and the ear flaps sticking out further toward the edge would make it look smaller than if it were just his bare ears. The bottom photo, from the rear and the brim more clearly defined, does make it look a little larger. One thing I would encourage all bust manufacturers to do is include at least one full arm, if not two. IMHO, it adds a lot to the bust, and in this case, would make the hose more realistic if it were being held in place. Overall, though, it still a nice effort.
  15. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Great addition. Tough to get a good feel of the bust based on one photo but I like the overall look. The FDNY helmet tends to be a bit narrow and a little more domed but I think it is more than acceptable. A few small quibbles....The visor is a bit on the thick side and the side flaps could be a tad longer. My main problem is with the SCBA. The old 2.2 bottles were bulkier than it appears in the pic and the pressure reducing block to the left looks oversized.

The Spec Ops version shows the newer carbon fibre composite bottles (smaller and about half the weight, thank God). I do like the way Andy has personalised his version of helmet with a flashlight and door chock.

Mmmm, so which one do I like....Both. I like the overall feel and look of the Young version but I think Andy had nailed the details of the technical aspects of our equipment
  16. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guy's, for the comments on my fireman bust.
    I don't normally say something about a figure, But being raised in New York City and my local fire house Engine 40 Ladder 35 was right across the street from where I lived.
    I grow up with these guy's and new the 13 firemen that died that day.
    The guy's at the fire house took out all there equipment and I took tons of photo's and Mic all the equipment out.
    The Helmet is a very hard peace to do. That's why I bought a real one to do the kit.
    The rim on the helmet has some suttle compound curves.
    To do it with out having the real helmet to measure & Mic out - it would have bin very tough to build...
    So when I did the full figure & bust this hit home for me, Alan and myself put our hearts in both model kits..

I really like Young's figures , but since this is something that affected everyone and is a very sensitive subject I wanted to get it right...

Andy
  17. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Very nice bust by Young. Helmet looks fine to me although I am not a professional. The overall presence just looks right. Even if the equipment is tecgnically a bit 'off,' this is the one I would want to paint.

Colin
  18. sancho7 Active Member

France
    Great bust !