1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Young Miniatures (Korea) - News

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Antonenko, Jun 29, 2019.

1. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  2. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Speak with your wallet, and Young Miniatures will listen.
    Obviously, the guys who like this subject have spoken loudly and clearly.
  3. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Maybe Alpine could grace us with some 1/16 Japanese Pacific war figs? Now that would be awesome. But something other than an officer Banzai charging with a sword, please.
    Babelfish and T50 like this.
  4. T50 A Fixture

United-States

I've tested the water with my recent joint venture with MS Models in Japan.
    It was a limited edition of a WW2 IJA tank crew. I'm not sure if I'll see a proper
    profit return on this subject.
    Yes, I'm sure many modelers would say, "it's so nice to see...., how interesting..." etc.
    ;)
    elanlane13 and Mike - The Kiwi like this.
  5. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Yeah, I wouldn't suggest a tank crew, even with the 1/16 model kits out there. I don't know if I can make the point correctly, but the interest in a 1/16th Japanese tank crew would very much be tied ( I would think) to the Takom 1/16 tank model, and how interesting can 1 stand alone tanker figure be? Same in 1/35, though the Japanese tank choices are better, the interest in Japanese armor is, again, very limited. They weren't big into armor, and what they did use was pretty poor. And of course, they didn't wear cool black uniforms with deaths head emblems, either. Thats a very niche market. I would think a well posed (showing action, motion, etc) figure would do better with figure modelers because it would be interesting and stand on its own . I have to say that I am as big a fan of German figures as anyone and do only 1/16 or larger, and have...way too many of them, in various stages from still in the box to finished. But if I see another German standing, looking off into the distance, or pointing, I will never buy another one. I have the Jeff Shui Stalingrad figs, all in motion, running, shooting, etc. That's what I am looking for these days. Guys interacting, doing something. And hopefully that something isn't looking a a map, or pointing, or...:cry:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    T50, Viking Bob and valiant like this.
  6. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    With all the action poses and what not, I just don't see if this subject will do as well as WW2 US / German for me.
    JasonB likes this.
  7. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Well, it never hurts to ask
    T50 likes this.
  8. MrBMB A Fixture

T50 I would prefer these by you in winter gear :)
    IMG_2438.JPG

And while where at it these as well in winter gear or course
    IMG_2412.JPG
    T50 likes this.
  9. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well you won't know unless you give it a go ;)!

Choose an interesting subject and do it well, and you might be pleasantly surprised.

- Steve
    T50 likes this.
  10. engeee Active Member

United-States
    I'd like to add a tidbit to the ongoing discussion... It seems that these new releases are discussed good or bad by those who have been in the hobby for a while or perhaps have a large collection of the similar posed sculpt.
    What about those we are trying to entice into the hobby? It may be the first one they buy instead of the 12th. They may not even be aware of all the others or have the exposure. Or as an example, perhaps you like this new one and it's pose better than 5 of the previously released ones that you bought a few of?
    I guess I'm just trying to share that all viewers, buyers, etc. have different perspectives and are in different situations. I may not care for certain time period sculpts or subject matter, but I do applaud the manufacturer for taking the risk to produce it. It is one more product in the marketplace that I have a choice to buy or not. Sure, I think it's fine to "nudge" or suggest subjects you'd like...but I guarantee you not everyone would agree with your wants either.

In the case of the new figure that started this...although it is an often done subject, I personally like this pose better than a number of the rest which I let go by and did not purchase. I'll likely consider buying this one...or even turning it into a full figure.

Just my thoughts and ramblings.

Thanks,
    Steve

engeee@aol.com
    T50 likes this.
  11. engeee Active Member

United-States

I think another example is look what Jeff Shiu (and others) have done to resurrect interest in the Tamiya 1/16 Kubelwagen or 1/9 Italeri cycles, etc...with his releases.
    Japanese tank crews or WW2 Russian soldiers or tank crews for the Trumpeter kits might be a hit.
    But it's still up to a manufacturer to decide on the profit vs risk. I'd like them to stay in business.

Steve
    engeee@aol.com[/quote]
  12. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    All fair points well made.

- Steve
    engeee likes this.
  13. engeee Active Member

United-States

MrBMB...just an FYI...
    MARs did a German winter/Mountain Troop MG team in 1/16.
    It contained a kneeling gunner, another in front of him holding the bipod (again kneeling), a commander kneeling and pointing (imagine that...lol)...and I seem to recall a last figure with ammo boxes...unsure. Some had hoods up and some helmets or field caps.
    MARs was one of those companies where the box art never did justice to the kits.

Steve
    engeee@aol.com
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  14. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Well.....if you like it buy it, if you don't like it don't buy it and.....from the sellers point of view....if a concept is succesfull why change it. To me all Chinese look the same but they keep on making new ones.....:whistle: so why should Mr.Young do otherwise.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Nap likes this.
  15. T50 A Fixture

United-States

If and when that is the case, I'd have nothing to say in defense(?) of this Young Miniatures new bust.
    But for all due respect, I don't agree so.

(since the thread is about the subject, not the pose) What I often noticed was that modelers
    who are interested in different genres are saying, "oh no, not another German SS" or "yet another US tanker".

What's the point of doing so? This will not result in manufacturers shifting their focus onto other genres.
    As I've wrote a few times in the past here on PF, only the WW2 German modelers have the
    right to decide when is enough for this particular subject.

Instead, why not let WW2 German/US modelers enjoy what they deserve. And when Young Miniatures
    release a bust of your own interest, support it with your wallet.

A few times in the past, I have been naive enough to think that a few dozen online posts were representing
    the market. The truth comes from the dealers and distributors you buy from in a form of hard numbers.
    All that "how interesting", "how nice to see", "how refreshing" didn't get translated into "here's my money".

The market is deciding the new releases!!!
    elanlane13, Martin64, MrBMB and 2 others like this.
  16. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Funny! That exactly what I thought about white people when I first got off the boat back in 89. LOL
    Dolf, HansDig, Martin64 and 4 others like this.
  17. MrBMB A Fixture

Did T50, Rosengrant or Evolution miniatures sculpt them and for a laugh Live Resin as well. In WW2 figures( full figures) that is where I put most of my cash these days as they never seem to disappoint. Kaz is creeping in there as well and some of the older Warriors figures of course. RP models did also sneak in with their " Blondie" set in 75mm as well.

As for this bust I think after some thought I will be picking it up :)
    T50 likes this.
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

I agree with T50's comments

A few times in the past, I have been naive enough to think that a few dozen online posts were representing
    the market. The truth comes from the dealers and distributors you buy from in a form of hard numbers.
    All that "how interesting", "how nice to see", "how refreshing" didn't get translated into "here's my money".

The market is deciding the new releases!!!

Unquote

I have no doubt these will be a success ...Mr Young knows his market that's for sure

Happy purchasing

Nap
    T50 likes this.
  19. MrBMB A Fixture

I agree with Nap who agrees with T50 :)

Actually the reason I like this one is because of the weapon and more so that the two full arms/hands are attached. Opposite to Nap I am not a fan of the one arm bust or the floating hand thingy or just the v shape bust with just a head. The only time I would buy these would be to steal the head off the bust for another full figure.

So everyone's different just enjoy the hobby and happy painting.
    T50 likes this.
  20. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Talking about poses... here's a fun thing to organize a PF-contest.
    "who can post the most pictures of any-scale-and-period figures pointing to some far and misterious horizon"
    He who comes up with the most will win one pointing figure of his own choise LOL

IMG_1251.JPG
    Babelfish likes this.