1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Young Miniatures Fallschirmjager 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Apr 24, 2011.

1. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Getting better by the minute Mark, if you used them, I'm glad the fag packets came in for a good reference.
    Carl.
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Dear Mark, I have an opposite opinion about "your rain marks" I like them very much.(y)
    The cigarret pack are very well reproduced.:)
  3. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Carl ... yes they were useful reference :) and thanks ...

Pedro .... Thank you my friend :)

Cartons and bottles.....

Lots of fine detail work done today, the letter C on the carton lid needs a couple of highlights adding and the bottle cap aint finished ... what is the other thing?

[IMG]

Oh the lettering was free hand but I had some excellent reference courtesy of the net ;)

[IMG]
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Quote " Lots of fine detail work done today, the letter C on the carton lid needs a couple of highlights adding and the bottle cap aint finished ... what is the other thing? "

Ohh... me sir me ...... Does it begin with the letter 'C' and is there a prize for getting it right. :D
    Superb ( almost ) finish Mark. (y)

Cheers Ken
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You're selling this to me more and more Mark.
    Love all the details,
    Carl.
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    The bootle is very convincing.:)
  7. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    nice, nice, nice.....
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Bloody hell, that's awesome.
  9. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ken ... The letter C? yes it does, but are you thinking Chew or Charm? and thanks :)

Carl ... It's a lovely thing ( next time I'm gonna design some decals for the raindrops ) :)

Pedro ... Cheers!

Jamie ... Thank you, thank you, thank you .... :)

Tony ... Many thanks mate :)

Finished!.....

Well I pulled my finger out and got this done!

The tube that I initially thought was gum I'm now 99% sure is a tube of Charms ( google and the history of K-rations win! ) anyway I painted it up as one :)

The shovel I have used lots of layers to get a much used look to it ( I hope LOL )

Some tweaks here and there and I hate how the rain marks look but...... Gotta move on :)

This has been immense fun and I really got the bug again with this, so thats nice.

Thanks for the comments and support everyone.

:)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    unknown01, winston and kaz6120 like this.
  10. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Nice! some many little effects coming together, really pull this one off.

At quick glance, this is a nice, animated figure.
    2nd look, we get to see some of the nice tones, variations and colour contrasts/ palette
    closer examination rewards us viewers with more details (really like the glass effect and wrapping on the charms)

definitely earned a cold one!

Cheers
  11. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Very nice Mark, especially love the leather work and the details of the equipment, a pity the helmet is a tad small but that cant be helped. overall I think youv'e kindled a fair amount of interest in this bust. well done Les
  12. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mark, a stunning finish, I'm always tempted to say your best to-date, there I've said it. (y):)
    BTW the missing 'C' I was thinkng of was the ciggie in his mouth.

Cheers Ken
  13. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
  14. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stunning job Mark, just been reading this one through from start to finish and marvelling at your painting technique, the bottle is the `dogs hanging bits` mate.

All the best and hope to see this one at figure world.

Steve
  15. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Mark,congratulations on a very good job you have achieved,i love the splinter camoflauge and the cold feeling you have brought to this figures face,i have realyy enjoyed the whole post.
    Your post came at a good time for me as i am predominatly an oil painter but i love german camo subjects and achieving camo with oils has been very difficult for me,i have been practising with acylics for the last couple of months and i am currently half way through a new project which involves this bust.
    If i can achieve half of what you have achieved here i will be very happy,i love your camo subjects and look forward to seeing alot more.

Brian :eek:
  16. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi mate, very well done, I think this is great !!! The bottle is a work of art on its own.
    Have you ever used life colour matt varnish it air brushes a dream n turns anything dull .
    Sam
  17. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    It's a professional work, Mark.
    It's perfect in everything.
    You're the master who can breathe life into a figure.
    I congratulate completion.

Mitsutaka.
  18. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Fantastic work Mark, with great attention to detail.

Cheers David