1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed young miniatures conversion of the US MARINES

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tankman3rd4id, Jan 7, 2012.

1. tankman3rd4id Member

United-States
    Gentlemen, i submit to you this young miniature bust i have converted. I am not a sculptor or that good of a painter. I have wanted to have a bust of a flamethrower Marine so i just went for it. I CUT OFF ALL the details off the front and back. then went to work with the putty. the pack for the flamethrower was made with a paperclip and more putty. the canisters are cut down C02 tubes here are the photos i have of this project.
    RICK.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. tankman3rd4id Member

United-States
    I wanted to try to place the Marine emblem into the base making it look like rock and part of the base. so the island and the Marines are one in the same. thats what i was trying to do. the base will have several features from severl islands the Marines landed on. like the seawall at Tarawa ,volcanic sand from IWO JIMA,and other features so thbase is not done yet. here are the final photos.
    RICK.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    sarouman and Steve like this.
  3. dan1el Member

United-Kingdom
    I am seeing some very good work here .......... Well ABOVE average as I am sure most will agree.

very nice indeed - cheers. Dan
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great conversion. Very inspiring.

Xenofon