1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Young Miniatures B17 Busts

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Predasteve, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Predasteve Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi,

My local model club had a themed build for November of WWII heavy bombers. I decided to use 3 busts I had from Young Miniatures & build a 1/144 B17 to go with them. I got a picture frame & added an aerial photo to the bottom to simulate it flying & used steel wire to support the plane & also the busts. All the busts were painted with Vallejo acrylics & Darkstar Metallics. It was nice to create something a bit different to the norm. Hope you like it.

Comments Welcome

Cheers

Steve

20191127_150113_resized_1.jpg 20191127_150013_resized_1.jpg 20191127_150037_resized_1.jpg 20191127_150047_resized_1.jpg 20191127_150059_resized_1.jpg 20191122_192409_resized_1.jpg 20191122_192412_resized_1.jpg 20191122_192416_resized_1.jpg
    gforceman, KenBoyle, Perseas and 6 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

That's a really clever presentation piece with a good choice of busts and the plane working well together

Nice artwork on all 3 , freehand looks good as well on the central bust

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Predasteve likes this.
  3. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Very nice little tableau, Steve - I like the leatherwork on the flight clothing & helmets, the rough metallic texture on the camera body, & your aerial photo of the Norfolk/Suffolk coast used as a base. Really imaginative & thoughtful display, & a fitting tribute to the US 8th Air Force bomb groups, who suffered perhaps the highest losses of all US forces in WW2.
    Predasteve and Blind Pew like this.
  4. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Concept, planning and execution all excellent - top job mate!(y)
    Predasteve and Chris Oldfield like this.
  5. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Great work and paintwork

Mobo
    Predasteve likes this.
  6. Barrie Harris Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Out standing workman ship. All round winner ,great idea adding the plane.
    Fab (y)

Barrie(Newbee)
    Predasteve likes this.
  7. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beautifully done!
    Cheers,
    Ken
    Predasteve likes this.