1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Yet Another Chasseur A Cheval

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Helm, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Helm A Fixture

England
    This is the Poste Militaire version it's for the wife for Xmas only done the basics on the horse in oils for now as once that's done then I can start adding the harness, shabraque etc. All comments welcome SAM_0456.JPG SAM_0457.JPG SAM_0458.JPG
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    nice start. You can go much higher with the highlights.

Marc
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks Marc I may leave the highlights till I've got the basics on the shabraque done so as to see how they look not sure but thanks for the advice (y)
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Steve, good start mate look forward to seeing it progress,

Keith
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Keith. Hope it progresses better than it has today! I just bust the shabraque in half dry fitting it :mad: ( It naturally fit perfectly BEFORE it was painted!)
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ok not sure what a shabraque is but sounds bad, hope you can fix it mate, do you have any pictures of the broken part?
    Apart from that looks like you are doing well with it, hope the missus appreciates all this grief you are going through mate ;)

Steve
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Steve it's the saddle and blanket thingy [IMG]This thing yeah it just snapped along the joint but it was a sod to fill and smooth over :mad: So I get to do it all over again

Steve
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great start Steve and as they say from every negative comes a positive... more practise.:arghh:;)

Cheers Ken
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks Ken now you why my signature reads like it does ;)
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I use the shabraque to cover to poor fit of the horse halfs.
    Underneat the shabraque you don't have to paint the horse. And the shabraque give's a great bound to the horse halfs.
    marc
  11. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice start Helm. Oils is definitely the way to go for horses.
  12. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    OOOH THAT'S NICE . Is this something you have had for a while or a recent purchase as there was someone selling a load of stuff on ebay recently including Post Militaire and Imperial Gallerys , almost giving the stuff away, I have to much already or I would have gone for some of it :cry::cry: .
    chippy
  13. Helm A Fixture

England
    Cheers Doc,thanks Chippy I bought it at a bargain price off a guy I'd bought something off on Ebay. I really do like a lot of Poste Militaire stuff I have the mounted samurai on my to get list as I did one back in the day and gave it away so now I want to get one to keep.
    Steve
  14. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Great start on the horse Steve. Can't wait to see the Chasseur himself

Keep up the good work!

Colin
  15. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks Colin might be some wait I've only just blocked in his face at this stage,it's all the horse for now (y)
    Steve
  16. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
  17. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ah, hence the powder question. I've tons of reference for this regiment mate. I could sink a battleship on it. So any questions, please do ask me.
    I converted mine to a trumpeter.

Enjoy this one mate. I'm not alone in thinking this might, just might, have been the best kit ever. Of all time.
    Post Militaire certainly went out with a bang either way.(y)
  18. Helm A Fixture

England
    90mm Colin. Cheers for the answer re powder I think I'm ok for refs as it stands but thanks for the offer. I agree this one of the best figures ever made.
    Steve
  19. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Helm
    horse looks good so far ,not sure of this figure is it line cavalry or Garde RE powdered hair generally speaking would only be the latter.

Its a pity PM is still not on the go there casting was second to none .

Ron
  20. Helm A Fixture

England
    Thanks Ron appreciated it is Garde. I agree they were probably THE casters of the day

Steve