1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Yes pics- QMHE 2013

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by MrBMB, Sep 13, 2013.

1. MrBMB A Fixture

For all of you who couldn't make it to Brisbane, Australia, I hope you enjoy the pics I have done. Have it on HD if you can, pics look much better. Anyway have a cup of tea/coffee/beer and listen in peace or put on your own music
    Was great to catch up with you all and I had a great time

ChaosCossack, Mark S and NickM like this.
  2. Don Well-Known Member

Some wonderful stuff there, thanks for shareing. Glad I didnt have to judge a BOS from such a standard.

Don
    Karlosfandango likes this.
  3. MrBMB A Fixture

Thanks Don
  4. Mark S Guest

Well done, thanks for putting that together they're great pics.
    I enjoyed the show there was plenty of top quality work there.
  5. Mark S Guest

I'd like to add some of my own photos from the Queensland Model and Hobbies Expo if I may.
    This one shows the amazing award winning display put together by the Brisbane figure modellers along with the New Zealand guys.
    Seen here is Planeteer Jimmy S doing a double take on a dodgey strawberry. Jimmy survived the show so the strawberry must have been a good one.
    We can also see Planteer Almac at the end of the table.
    This display was a great collection of figure modelling works and a real boon for the show.

DSC_0081.JPG

Some more figure pics here~

DSC_0057.JPG

And some more figures DSC_0085.JPG

And Mike Butler's beautiful Maori figure ~

DSC_0055.JPG

And many more ~

DSC_0054.JPG

And others~

DSC_0086.JPG
    ChaosCossack and NickM like this.
  6. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Glad the show went well and was enjoyed by all. The standard of work is very impressive, and I am amazed at the amount of figures on display - heaps more than we ever manage to get over here at WASMEx.
    Thanks to both of you for posting the vid and pics.
    Cheers
    Mark S likes this.
  7. Don Well-Known Member

There seems to have been some rather nice figures on show, but I do like Mike Butlers Maori. Lovely figure.
    Brisbane-New Zealand not actually next to each other.

Don
    Mark S likes this.
  8. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Looks like an excellent show and a great display.
    The PNG Highlander Bust looks brilliant. Really wish it had been a kit. (y)
    Mark S likes this.
  9. Mark S Guest

I forgot to post the Best Of Show model, which was not a figure piece but an outstanding piece of modelling and painting indeed, it's based on the Trumpeter 1-35 BR86 Locomotive ~
    Also Peoples Choice Award as well.

DSC_0060.JPG
    ChaosCossack and NickM like this.
  10. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
  11. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Great pics, I think only 3 kiwi's went over this year, John Belcher, Mike Butler and Andy Cairns, I look forward to going back over next year with these guys. Les
  12. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    OH NO I've been outed!!!!!!