1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Yes. I'm Dutch

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Ome Mies, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Ome Mies New Member

Hi fellas (and ladies offcourse).
    With eyesight that is steadily degrading, and hands that could shake a marguarita whilst holding it still, i am contemplating a modelling change of subject.

I used to glue all kinds of things together, and was happy to see the resurgeance in 1/32 scale airplane models. Now alas, that interest has left me completely, and i am about to focus (as much as i still can) on historic military figures. As you might have guessed it will be 200mm exclusively.

And then i saw this forum.

I am still to purchase any model, but this looks like the place to be, for advice.

So, in the coming months, i will likely pull the trigger on a nice Napoleonic resin figure, and will be screaming for help pretty soon after.

Will let you know,

Regards,

Michel
    Rotterdam
    The Netherlands
    malc and oldtrousers like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Michael

A BIG WELCOME to PF it's good to have you join

Plenty of help here ...lots of large scale figures ( Mitches Military Models,CGS Miniatures, RDG Miniatures Jeff Shui, and many others )

Feel free to ask anything ....lots of information on the WELCOME ABOARD part for new members as well

Happy selecting and benchtime

Nap
  3. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome on board Michael. Several suppliers of 200 mm figures (and don't forget 'busts' which are of the same scale, but probably a bit easier to store)
    Cheers
    Paul
  4. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    You’re very welcome here, Michel - this is the right place to ask any questions, & there’s certainly a lot of 200mm figures/busts out there for you to choose from.
    Nap likes this.
  5. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Michel.

Steve
  6. Ome Mies New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. This modelling community is really something.

I am hoping to get some full figure 200mm resin models soon. There doesn't seem to be that much around though.
    I know of Mitch Military Models, as well as Bonapart Models. But that's about it.
    I réally like the work of Maurice Corry.

But the emphasis of my ignorance will ofcourse be painting.

If any of you know of a good model to start with (preferably Napoleonic) i would appreciate it.

Regards,

Michel
    Rotterdam
    The Netherlands
    Nap likes this.
  7. Ferris A Fixture

8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Een zeer hartelijk welkom op dit forum
    Stel je vragen, en je krijgt hier antwoord.

Marc
  9. HansDig A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ha Michel, welkom en...Rotterdam...dat is niet ver bij mij vandaan !
  10. Ome Mies New Member

Hallo allemaal (hello all).
    Didn't know there were Dutchies on this forum.

Yes Adrian, i have been drooling all over Mitches site. Looks véry nice. I also found Bonapartes miniatures, and Historex. But i do wonder if there are any other manufacturers of full figure 200mm models.

Tia.

Michel
    HansDig likes this.
  11. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  12. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Welkom

ik hoop dat je geniet van dit geweldige forum van ons.
    (Hope I have got that right). You can always try Micks Mick via Stormtroopers, and of course stormtrooper miniatures them selfs.

http://stormtrooperminiatures.co.uk/
  13. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium