1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

XBOX 3D Scanner

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by gordy, Apr 9, 2013.

1. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States

Nifty tool
    Tarracus, Meehan34 and RKapuaala like this.
  2. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Sweet, Thanks Gordy. I have an xbox kinects,,,now I just have to find the right software and I can work in clay and digitally :)
  3. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
  4. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    BTW, its 139 MB and if you want to use the kinects from your xbox you need to purchase an adapter for your pc.
    I think this would be a great tool for scanning larger scale clay sculpts to digital clouds to reduce into various scales. As much as I like working in 3D becaues its, less clean up and less space required, I do feel like I can get more out of clay and wax easier and faster. Perhaps a combination of both would work. Will see. I still have to order the adaptor.
    gordy likes this.
  5. Ray Active Member

United-States
    Now that's pretty darn cool.

Ray
  6. Mark S Guest

That's a great tool...now all I need to do is convince Scarlett Johansson to sit for me. Is there a tool that can do that?
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    There's two tools for that.... one is a huge bankaccount.... the other is a huge... aw you know, no need to say it out loud and embarass ourselves :depressed:
    Mark S likes this.
  8. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    RK let us know when you buy the adaptor. tell us please if its work!!!
    Thx you and also thx Gordy for the news!
  9. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Will do,,, I'm trying to make sure I get the exact adaptor. There are so many out there and they don't really say the model number or anything.
  10. brassnautilus New Member

[IMG]a friend showed me this scan of sideshow or hottoy head done with his homemade rig.
    Probably worth 30 hours of work by a skilled sculptor. cloning a face sucks.
    Funky50 likes this.
  11. Jarod M. Denver New Member

And once they upgrade the Kinect (probably in the near future) how cool would turn it out to be?