1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WWII pilot

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by martinmack, Oct 21, 2009.

1. martinmack New Member

United-States
    Hi All...

While I've been working mostly in sports figures, I thought I'd try my hand at something different and here's the result. I am certainly no expert in WWII flight gear, but I think most everything is in the right place. The scale is 1/5, and the sculpt was done in Super Sculpey Firm. Thanks for any thoughts!

P.S. The base is Durham's Water Putty painted to look like wood. I used a cat food container as a mold then just painted the putty in oils.

[IMG]
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Martinmack,

That's a very impressive piece of sculpting mate, well done. My only suggestion wouldbeto add a gloss glaze over the glass in the goggles, but otherwise it looks spot on.
  3. martinmack New Member

United-States
    Thanks for the compliments Tony, they are much appreciated. Your point about the gloss on the goggles is well taken and will definitely be a finishing touch, I'll get on that!
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    No worries Martin. While you're at it, you may also like to consider adding some engine dirt/ soot on his face which shows the outline of his goggles. This could be done with a fine dusting of pastels or a very thin wash of black over the nose and cheeks. You may decide not to do it, but its just a suggestion.