1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WWII Italian Alpini General

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by DavideBucci, Jan 31, 2023.

1. DavideBucci New Member

I show you the last bust I sculpted. I took as a starting point the photos of General Reverberi, division commander of the "Tridentina" during the disastrous Russian campaign. What struck me about the photo is the serene and smiling expression. Only doubt I have is the number of stars on the hat

reverberiF1.jpg reverberiF3.jpeg reverberiF2.jpeg
    Nap, NigelR, gforceman and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dr Bison Well-Known Member

Germany
    Very nice bust of a rather rare subject.
    Luigi Reverberi was promoted to generale di brigata (brigadier) in 1939 and therefore should have one golden star on his capello alpino.

Karl
    Oda and DavideBucci like this.
  3. DavideBucci New Member

Thank you Karl, what confuses me is that Tridentina was a brigade during WWI and a division during WWII. He was also "Generale di corpo d'armata" (army corps general therefore theoretically with 3 stars) in Albania
    Oda likes this.
  4. Dr Bison Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi Davide,
    If my sources are correct, the Alpini weren't grouped into proper brigades until after WW1; during the war, they were organised into regiments, but that was mostly nominally - they were deployed as battalions within larger formations.
    Reverberi was promoted to Generale di corpo d'armata, but not until 1947.
    Oda and DavideBucci like this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi David

Really like this piece and subject , very clean sculpting , neat and precise , is the base separate ?

Is this a one off or available

Thanks for sharing

Nap

IMG_7085.JPG
    Oda likes this.
  6. DavideBucci New Member

Hi Nap, thanks for the compliments. What you see in the picture is actually a copy in 5 pieces but there are still some things that I should fix. At the moment I'm already working on something else and maybe I'll fix this later.
    Nap likes this.