1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP WWI Major British Cavalry. Nuts Planet.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Graham, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Graham A Fixture

England
    This is going to be my next project. Now, I know this is way beyond my skills at the moment and I think is going to be a long time, and many stripper baths before I complete this but I will not learn and advance if I don’t step out of my comfort zone.
    C0D776FF-FD6B-41CF-8A92-962B4FE0C934.jpeg

This isn’t helped by knowing that a certain bling painter ;) is also working on this and the companion figure and will probably show it in all its glory just as I thought I was getting somewhere :D

But this is a beautiful cast and by far the best bust I have ever owned or attempted to paint apart from one I have just bought but dare not even think of starting.......

Anyway, here he is cleaned up and ready for priming

35621F57-7805-4746-8283-415B23AC67E8.jpeg BE950356-5E1B-4585-8056-C2393BEF2622.jpeg
  2. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Go for it Graham. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
    samson, Jed, Graham and 1 other person like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Graham

Good on you for this choice .....I built both of mine up but wish like you had painted the hat separately ..so a good call ...just test a dry fit first

I have started mine but fear not been sidetracked with sone " bling" on a Indian Army bust or 2 ......so will be quite a while before any from me ....and certainly not in into form of glory ....

There's the colour card in the tin which helps , and it's a good excuse to watch the film again !

Just enjoy mate

Happy benchtime

Nap ( Mr Blng......LOL )
    Jed and Graham like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England

Totally agree ..levers brush stroke is a learning moment ...no matter what level

Nap
  5. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Benedict Cumberbatch from Warhorse?

Mike
  6. Nap Moderator

England

That's correct Mike

Nap
  7. Graham A Fixture

England
    So true, still scary though :D

The hat does need a bit of fiddling with to get it to fit but I have sorted it. Not sure if to do the other one at the same time, stripper bath is big enough to take both :ROFLMAO:

It is indeed although I have never seen the film. The Captain companion bust in the blue uniform is really nice to, that is waiting in the wings.
    Jed and Nap like this.
  8. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I enjoyed the film - there have been many worse WWI films after all.

Mike
  9. Graham A Fixture

England
    May live to regret this but I have decided to prep and work on both busts at the same time.....

So here is the companion Captain of Cavalry both North Somerset Yeomanry.

C26C3B6D-240E-4EC0-B645-7D66B53FC0F7.jpeg 56FE15EF-807C-4AC2-B879-1DAE004F224D.jpeg

D3CFD021-4A8F-4CEC-9A01-4260CDA00F7D.jpeg
    Lissorles, Airkid, MCPWilk and 3 others like this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    You won't regret it Graham

A challenge ...just enjoy it

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Jed likes this.
  11. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Good luck Graham and enjoy it
    Graham likes this.
  12. Graham A Fixture

England
    Thanks Jed, I will.
    Lissorles, Jed and Nap like this.
  13. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Nice bust(s) Graham, and off the diving board into the deep end doing 'em both in tandem - good for you mate. Benedict C - never reckoned him much as an actor but his mum was a tasty lady.:rolleyes: I'm on this one!

Phil
  14. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    2 nice pieces looking forward to your progress
    Graham likes this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England

Hope he has his swimming trunks on !

Oh and YES I googled BC's mother ........

Enjoy these Graham

Nap
  16. Graham A Fixture

England
    Many thanks. Have to say he is my favourite Sherlock :whistle:
  17. Graham A Fixture

England
    Thank you, hope I don’t disappoint too much :D
    samson likes this.
  18. Graham A Fixture

England
    Swimming trunks slow your entry into the water :whistle: Not Googled it yet but I know I am going to have to :ROFLMAO:
    Nap likes this.
  19. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Hmm.. can't say I've ever watched his version. Basil Rathbone for me (showing my age now). Coincidentally, Rathbone was a soldier in the Worcesters at Gheluveldt in the first Ypres battle, so a tenuous link between the two Sherlocks!

Phil
    Nap and Graham like this.
  20. Graham A Fixture

England
    Yep, Basil Rathbone will always be the classic Sherlock and it is rare I like to see things updated but I think they made a great job of making a modern Sherlock and the casting of Sherlock, Watson and Moriarty is just perfect for me.

By the way, his mother and father played Sherlocks mother and father in an episode of the series.
    Airkid and Nap like this.