1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WWI Indie Pic - Trailer "Forbidden Ground"

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ACCOUNT_DELETED, Apr 21, 2013.

1. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    This Aussie indie to come looks to be quite good and worth watching for.

Colin
    Wings5797, Joe55, NickM and 1 other person like this.
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    It does look good but I do have a nagging feeling it's going to be gallant colonial lads let down by bumbling British (and for British read English) upper class twits :(

Steve
  3. Johan Earl New Member

Hi guys, my name is Johan Earl. I'm the writer and co-director and one of many actors in the film you're talking about, Forbidden Ground. I thought I'd take a moment to thank you for sharing the trailer and to ease your minds about the storyline.

The film focuses on three British soldiers caught in No Man's Land and their desperate struggle to make it back to their own lines. No colonials in this one at all, just British lads being let down by bumbling upper class twits :) Well at least being sent to their certain deaths. It's not a political statement in any way just a solid story about loyalty, brothers in arms and mateship and the bonds forged between soldiers, not to mention an equally gripping home story which was swept under the carpet for so long.

Momentum Pictures is bringing Forbidden Ground to the UK in August. Check the behind the scenes footage for our clever use of miniatures in this film, I guess that kind of relates more to this group.

Once again thanks for taking an interest in Forbidden Ground
    Helm, DEL and housecarl like this.
  4. Don Well-Known Member

This looks very good, well the trench scenes do. Well worth watching and waiting for.
    I would like to enlighten Steve, to the fact that NO English upper class Twats were injured in the making of this film

Don
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I think you should all calrify that the "upper class twit" moniker should be reserved for those of General or Staff Officer rank. A subaltern on the western front had a far higher chance of falling in action than a private and for the most part they led from the front.

Where/when will this film be available? I look froward to trying to spot the miniatures too.

Colin
  6. Helm A Fixture

England
    You can thank Mel Gibson for my pessimism then
    Steve
  7. Don Well-Known Member

Agree 100% Colin but it brings me to a point I raised on another post. Alway shoot the guy without a rifle, hes the officer. Have to admit it must have been hellish for everyone.Twat or not!

Don
  8. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    I'll be keeping an eye out for this! Any idea when this will be in the states?

Joe
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Just watched the trailer and it looks pretty interesting. Thanks to Johan for jumping on this forum to save us poor gallant Colonials from yet another bashing at the hands of Steve The Imperial Apologist.:) I think you'll find the "colonial forces" had their fair share of twits and butchers as well.

I suspect with the centennial anniversary of so many major WW1 battles coming up over the next 5 years, we can expect to see more WW1 movies like this.
  10. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Canada had Sam Hughes - a twit of pythonesque stature.

Colin
  11. Don Well-Known Member

Genttemen if you are looking for someone to blame, a real halfwit, try Earl Haig!
    Of course I feel the Kaiser may have had a small part to play in the whole thing.
  12. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I think the jury is still out on Haig but he makes a great scotch!

Colin
  13. Don Well-Known Member

Think its his brother that does the Scotch LOL
  14. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    Looks a very interesting and apertising film, if the trailer is anything to go by it should be worth watching/buying. As for the Aussie slant (No disrespect intended) I can only say they have a great and unique way of producing films. I remember when I was a sprog my Dad told me to watch Smiley Gets A Gun, I think this was the earliest memory of an Australian film, since then I could mention loads of others.... The Odd Angry Shot, Strictly Ballroom, Muriels Wedding etc and the latest I've watched and own The Sapphires. Probably to date my favourite is Breaker Morant.
    Good luck with this one you crim's from one pome *a***r*:joyful:, long live film's with the Aussie slant.
    cheers
    Richie
    monkey drinking.jpg monkey e-mail.jpg monkey ladies.jpg monkey with camera 3.jpg