1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

WWI Grenadier, 6th Sturmbattalion, 1917-18

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Ran, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Ran Member

This late war DiD grenadier in the 6th Sturmbatallion was just asking for some weathering treatment. Besides weathering on the M1915 feldbluse uniform, MP18 submachine gun with snail drum magazines, gas mask with metal carrying case, painted helmet, grenades and grenadebags, all faux-leather straps were discarded and replaced with real leather straps. The trench knife and scabbard were scratchbuilt. The headsculpt was repainted with real hair applied for a moustache. Do ask any questions should you need clarification.

Ran

View attachment 354230 8E472872-1123-4288-8FA8-1D0330A8376A.jpeg F6C46800-D834-4FE2-B7E6-47188B0885C8.jpeg 3222D419-20FE-40FE-9C82-66E18440E210.jpeg C9EF550F-E3B7-46DD-9C0E-08948CFE38DB.jpeg 83A3BA96-A2D6-41C9-81C1-FA4FD5CF3A9F.jpeg 18F3B8DA-71F8-47A6-9CBB-BC10364C1167.jpeg
  2. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice uniform details and weathering. Not really sure about the hair for the tash though.
  3. Ran Member

Thank Bob, I’m not too pleased with the tash hair too... will replace them when I get my hands on some Tibetan lamb wool. Lol!
    Viking Bob likes this.
  4. Nap Forum Moderator

England

Hi Ran

Good point ref tash ...think he would look good with a stubble on top lip etc ( unshave look ) .....

Great weathering on the equiptment and around puttees/ boots

Thanks for sharing

Nap

Is there a British counterpart planned ?
  5. Ran Member

Going to get some superfine angora and mohair. Will update. Cheers mates!

Ran
    Nap likes this.
  6. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Beautiful work

Mobo
  7. Warren SMITH PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Very well done (y)
  8. Ran Member

Thank you gentlemen!
  9. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely superb work. Looks like he's about to start talking he's so realistic.
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work!
    All the best,
    Dan
  11. Ran Member

Thanks very much, my friends. ☺️
  12. Ran Member

Made some improvements on the helmet chinstrap, with double-buckles instead of a single buckle. The black leather strap was switched for a tan coloured leather strap. Also replaced the original moustache with one made of mohair, with a tint of acrylic brown paint. Hope you like it. Thanks for viewing

Ran

Attached Files:

mamelon and Martin64 like this.
  13. custer760 Active Member

Beautiful,Museum quality artwork here...Bravo
    Regards
    Pete
  14. Ran Member

Thanks very much, Pete!
  15. Dr Bison Member

Germany
    When I saw your orginal post, I thought your grenadier couldn't be bettered. But I was wrong. Smashing work - thanks for showing.
    Best regards
    Karl
  16. Ran Member

Hi Karl, Thanks so much for the compliments, it’s good to know that folks out there appreciate this insane compulsion to push the envelope further. It’s tedious work but gratifying in the end. For the moment, that is.