1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WWI German Ace, Lt Kroll, PLM - AC Models Review

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    AC Models ACM10B20
    "WWI German Ace, Lieutenant Kroll PLM"
    1/10th scale resin - 2 parts
    Sculpted & Painted by Andy Cairns

Kroll 01.jpg

This is the first of four busts sent to me by AC Models for review. This review is for the 2 piece bust of German Ace, Lt Kroll. The kit is cast in a gray resin and comes boxed in a sturdy white cardboard box with a color guide on the cover of the box.

[ continued in next posting ]

gordy likes this.
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Kroll 02.JPG

Kroll 03.jpg

Inside the box was the 2 part kit sealed inside a zip-lok bag. The bottom photo shows the 1 piece bust and the separate cast medal that attaches at the neck.

Kroll 04.jpg Kroll 05.JPG

Kroll 06.jpg Kroll 07.jpg

Kroll 08.jpg Kroll 09.jpg

Above you see various views of the bust showing all sides and the careful attention to detail Andy has achieved in his sculpting.

Kroll 09a.JPG

Above is the separate cast medal that after being cut away from the resin backing will attach at the neck.

Kroll 10.jpg

Kroll 11.JPG

Kroll 12.JPG

Above are several photos of the painted bust by Andy Cairns showing all except the medal at his neck.

Conclusion:
    Another excellent kit produced by the talented hands of A. Cairns. There will be more in this series of WWII Flying Aces reviewed in the near future. Highly recommended.

Can be purchased through:
    The Red Lancer

R470
    Drybrushing likes this.
  3. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello good to hear.i have this one too.it would be great if mr cairns could include the pedestal he made for the first ones in all the next pieces.this because busts are quite small and and suitable base is hard to find.and an simple rod looks quite humble.
    the scale for my feeling is 1:12 not 1:10.i was prepered for an bigger item but when looked at it found that even the smaller scale still looks quite impressive.i agreed with you those chaps are really fine stuff.hope to see more of them.maybe an little bit bigger in 1:10?
    cheers