1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WWI Black American Soldier busts or figures??

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by CJK, Jul 22, 2017.

1. CJK Member

United-States
    I watched the excellent American Public Broadcasting Service series entitled the Great War. Especially interesting was the time devoted to American Black soldiers. Some of the images of black sodiers were captivating. Two such images are attached in this posting.

Have WWI (or WWII for that matter) American black soldier busts or figures been commerically available? Is it an overlooked subject?

Chris

IMG_2780.JPG
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Chris

Off the top of my head Model Cellar released this a whike back , sure there are others from both the wars

SK ministures have a Vietnam

Nap

image.jpeg
  3. jai A Fixture

Italy
    There are around heads with African somatic traits (eg nemrod) ... you can change the soldiers
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  4. hypertex Active Member

United-States
    I recently built a WWII Tuskeegee Airman from Thunderbird models. Come to think of it, I've never posted pictures of it. Maybe I'll do that.
  5. Nap Moderator

England

Hope you do !

Nap
  6. winfield Active Member

Bravo 6 has a number of black troopers in their Vietnam range. While a bust might be pretty hard to do, simply swapping out heads on most figures will produce more black troops.
  7. CJK Member

United-States
    Thanks for the helpful replies.
    Chris
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Chris

There is also this :

image.jpeg

Nap