1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WWI Bavarian Officers collar lace

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by captnenglish, Feb 23, 2012.

1. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Anybody know how wide this would be I need to add it to my copy of Reedees Miniatures WWI bust (my only complaint about this kit BTW).

TIA

Matt
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Carl, Ive checked there and all I could find were images, which I have.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Sorry Matt that's all I can think of.
    Carl.:(
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    No problem Carl. I even got "old School" and hit the books but I got nuthin'
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Do you have a more specific regiment ?
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    The bust depicts an oberleutnant of the 6th Bavarian Circa 1917, but the collar lace is generic to all Bavarian regiments.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Matthew ,
    Maybe this can help .....

After the uniform simplifications of 1915, NCO insignia was also simplified. The 1910 uniform regulations called for a continuous band of NCO lace at the collar, and sleeve cuff. After 1915 the collar lace was reduced to a "V" at each side of the collar, this pattern was also used on the M1910 Waffenrock, which continued to be used throughout the war.

Bavarian formations will have Bavarian distinctive tape (grey or white lace with blue rhomboids) along the collar leading edge and bottom. Abbreviated application of this tape covering only the leading edge and first few centimeters of the collar.

Nap

$(KGrHqYOKocE35g,etHUBOKtPvb-Vw~~0_3.jpg $(KGrHqYOKocE35g,etHUBOKtPvb-Vw~~0_3.jpg
  9. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Nap, but the question is how wide would it be, so that I can scale it down to 1/9th scale, but thanks for the pic that is a higher res than I have.
  10. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Matthew. I will have a look into my books when I will be back home later this day. I hope that I can answer you question because I was the guy with the idea of an "bavarian"

Ulrich
  11. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    H Ulrich,
    PM sent.
  12. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Matthew. You had an answer;)

Perhaps someone other is interested too. Here the picture I have found
    [IMG]
  13. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    BTW. Piping of the epaulettes "Zitronengelb" = lemon yellow and the small stripes in the epaulettes "Lightblue" = bavarian troops

Ulrich

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent reference Ulrich.
    Thanks,
    Carl.(y)
  15. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for the reference photos Ulrich. I knew from talking with Steve about the epaulettes, but reference photos are always useful.