1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP WWI B.E.F. 13 pounder diorama

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ghamilt1, Feb 9, 2014.

1. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Butchboy, I appreciate the compliment.
  2. Paul N Active Member

England
    Just to remind you all that this kit is the special prize in the BMSS Annual Show competition for any WWI figure(s) (26h April at the Holiday inn, Coram Street, London)!
  3. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Well, that's an incentive to enter if nothing will, great prize, Paul.
    Mark D (y)
  4. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The diorama looks fantastic, its a great build and really well presented.

Mike, I think the green tint in uniforms comes from Gunthers box art. Gunther got that colour from a piece of original uniform. I've now managed to source a book that's new on the market which has a series of original images of uniform from the period and the colour is brown with a very light hint of green. When I get change I'll link to the book, but its by far the best reference to British uniform I've found, but the book will help clarify any issues. I've spoken to the publishers and they have allowed me to use some pages for my News from the Front newlsetter which will be out in April.

In terms of re-enactors uniform supply, I find them too brown for my liking (if that makes sense),

Just a minor note, in World War One Canadian uniform was the same supply as Britain, it was World War Two when the Canadian army used a greener version of battle dress.

But the diorama looks fantastic, I've seen 5 or 6 versions around and about, including this one:

[IMG]

I'm hoping to see more, I'm really pleased with the reaction to the set, there are a few things I'm working on now (improved instruction sheet, instructions for fitting bracing rods etc) but on the whole the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be at the British Model Soldier Society annual show in April, so my priority is to now get one built in time for that!
    Mike - The Kiwi and crf like this.
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work overall. A really beautiful diorama.

Xenofon
  6. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks again everyone. Special thanks to Darren at Tommy's War, very nice of you to leave such kind words. I'm looking forward to the new releases. Any thoughts of a vickers machine gun team in the future? Just a thought.;)
    crf likes this.
  7. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes, I'm planning a pack of 2 figures with both a Maxim and a Vickers to give an early war/late war option. It's all depending on sculpting. Due to other commitments Nino is running a little later than I would have hoped (I'm not complaining, he has more customers than just me) so I've got the April release 'in the bag', July's releases are being sculpted this month and then I've a particular idea for September, so I need to squeeze the machine gun crew in somewhere.

So, planned, but not sure if its this year or will go in to 2015
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    And the idea for september is introduced at Euro.....when all the goodies came out, and money is to short :LOL:

Marc
  9. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I know what you mean Marc, but if you go to Euro as a trader without something new you might as well not bother going ;).
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    So trouth Darren.
    But it will make choices not easyer.

marc
  11. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Awesome news Darren! I peeked at the scheduled releases and that lorry sounds irresistible! Looks like I will need to buy a new display case over the next year.