1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WWI Army Air corp uniform colors

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by jcichon, Dec 1, 2009.

1. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Does anyone have any color references for the US Army Air Corps uniforms for the first world war? I am having some real trouble finding any real reference for them for some reason. Thanks again.
  2. Kreston Active Member

United-States
    The uniforms would be the same color khaki as the rest of the US Army at that time.
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, I could post some plates, but my scanner is down ATM; here's a pic of Rickenbacker's uniform

Attached Files:

4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Jason, do you still need references? If so I can post a scan of a colour plate for you.

Roger.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I've done it anyway :D
    Scans from,
    The US Army of WWI, Mark R Henry, illustrated by Stephen Walsh, Osprey Publishing.
    and
    Army Uniforms of WWI, Andrew Mollo, illustrayed by Pierre Turner, Blandford Press.

Hope this helps,

Roger.

Attached Files:

6. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Billy, as always, you are a life saver!! I got the Rickenbacker figure and I have only seen it painted plain brown and I was hoping there would be the dark chocolate jacket and you found it!!! Thanks again!! I'll be hitting you up soon for a french WWI pilot and medals here soon!! Hopefully youll have some info on that!!! Thanks again!
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Your welcome Jason.

I go away to work on monday/tuesday for a month so if you tell me what you are specifically looking for ref. French pilot I'll see what I have before I go. Otherwise it won't be until I get back in the new year.

Roger.
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England