1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed WW2 Italian tanker & German fallschirmjäger(1/35, Resin, Alpine Miniatures,Box art)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by bagijiny, May 23, 2010.

1. bagijiny Well-Known Member

South-Korea
    Hi all,

I finished to paint figures for Alpine's box art, Italian tanker & German fallschirmjäger.
    Sculptor is Taesung Harmms, I think many friends already saw this figure's photos of WIP for sculpting or painting. :)

Usually, I like to use Josonja's arcrylic paints, but I used them only for skin as face or hands and I tried to change from Josonja's to Vallejo's for this time.

I hope you like,

Thank you very much and have a nice day~~!!! :)

All my best regards,

MJ,Kim.

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      41 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      40.6 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      39.3 KB
      Views:
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      File size:
      41.9 KB
      Views:
    • 05.jpg
      05.jpg
      File size:
      42.5 KB
      Views:
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      39.2 KB
      Views:
    • 07.jpg
      07.jpg
      File size:
      40.3 KB
      Views:
    pmfs, caramba, CGQ and 10 others like this.
  2. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Hi MJ,

Great sculpting, painting and beautiful ground work. Really like your work more and more... however another pointing figure though...

Allan
  3. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    I agree, Allan. The element of surprise is waning. Crisp and naturalistic as expected, but running out of sparks.

Nonetheless, two thumbs up for MJ!

I wonder which specific armour best accompanies this set? A German one with Italian markings or just an Italian one? Does anyone have any ideas?
  4. kastigamatt Active Member

Italy
    I wonder which specific armour best accompanies this set? A German one with Italian markings or just an Italian one? Does anyone have any ideas?[/QUOTE]

On the African front there were not italian's armour under German markings or on the contrary. They had some italian tank under german markings at the end of the war but only after 1943. At that time, unfortunatelly Italians and germans they were not anymore so friendly like they look in this wonderful sculpting....which seems to be on the african front. Perhaps Germans use to wore those uniforms also on the italian campaign, in Sicily just before the coming of the Americans troops.
    Regards, ciao
  5. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Kewl!

"I wonder which specific armour best accompanies this set? A German one with Italian markings or just an Italian one? Does anyone have any ideas? "

Use an Italian vehicle. The Italian is a tank or armor crewman and the German is an infantryman. Thus, this German does not properly belong with an armored vehicle - while the Italian does.

Bone
  6. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Thank you for the comments, Luca and Mike!

Mike, I am a big fan of your works, just like everyone else. I eagerly anticipate the release of yet another 1/16 beauty you did for Alpine. I have sneaked a peek of the box art and what a perfect marriage between sculpture and painting.

I was indeed aware that one of them is a German infantry man. Every now and then you have people other than tankers standing on a tank and I always love that idea in a diaroma. My only concern (for myself) is that I honestly can't think of that many (if at all) Italian armours that are appealing in shapes, thus the question.

Thank you!
  7. Ferris A Fixture

Very cool painting of some beautifully sculpted figures!

The pointing pose sort of looks familiar ;-) ....but I guess Alpine must also think of selling stuff and such a pose suits almost any diorama, so I forgive them....

Michael, Italeri has the AB41 armoured car, which is quite a nice model and then there are some Italeri and Tamiya tank oldies that would go nice with this set. The Italians had some very exciting camouflages on there vehicles, so why don't have a go..!?

Cheers,
    Adrian
  8. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Adrian,
    Thanks for sharing! Thing is, funnily, I bought that kit (drawn by the box art), then sold it to a shop at a heavily discounted price just to make space in my room. How about that, huh?
  9. Trep Active Member

United-States
    Very original idea,you dont see this type of mix of nationalities that come off this goood.Supper painting
    Great job
  10. Hammond_Lord Active Member

Absolutely fantastic, stunning work! I'd like to see that Fallschirmjager in tropical uniform in 1/16 scale! Taesung, I hope you'll read this!
  11. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Superb work! I love FJ.
    M.