1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WW1 Russian

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Jun 15, 2006.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here's the first pic of my latest project. A Russian infantryman from The fusilier As you can see a long way to go but if anyone has any constructive comments please shout up. More to follow.

Roger.

Edited to post better pics

Attached Files:

2. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Attached Files:

3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Love the figure, can't wait to see more. BTW great fleshtones.
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roger, good choice, this is a nice piece. My only thought would be to add the female russisan "death battalion" (I hope that's correct) figure as well. Also a nice figure and I always thought they would look nice together. Not on the same base, but more as a small vignette-ish type of display side by side. I forget if the female fig is made by the same company or not. I had a friend paint one and it turned out really nice! Just a passing thought! Keep us posted.

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the comments fella's.
    Jay, it was a toss up between this chap and the womens Death battalion figure, also from The fusilier One day they'll be stood next to each other in the cabinet :)

Roger.
  6. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Hi Roger
    Nice figure. It's nice to see a figure from this rather neglected part of the Great War.
    Pete
  7. GARD9 Member

United-States
    Cool stuff Roger.
    I love to see anything that The Fusilier produces, they are great kits.
    I'd like to own them all (someday).
    I agree, the Russians of WW1 are rare in figure kit form. These two mentioned kits are
    wonderful examples. I just happen to be partial to the 75-80mm size as well.
    There is just something so romantic about that name.... "Women's Death Battalion".
    It kinda gets me right here. :lol:
    G9
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Pete, John, I've got a feeling there was nothing romantic about the Womens Death Battalion :)
    Don't tell the wife but I'm going for the full set of Fusilier kits :eek: . Besides the sujects I like the size too.
    Should have the head inc. cap finished tonight and I'll post some more pics tomorrow.

Roger
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Roger, I like this figure, but I really can't give you good constructive advice,beacause I can't see the face to good.

Cheers
    Roc.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Roc, I'll remedy that by posting some clearer pics asap.

Roger.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    This one's a bit clearer. I've made a little progress since this was taken so more to follow.

[IMG]
  12. Vik Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Kind day.

I want to answer colleagues - figure the Russian soldier of the period of the first world war really come across not so frequently, but they are.

http://www.ant-miniatures.narod.ru/eng.fil...s/54-22-02.html
    http://www.ant-miniatures.narod.ru/eng.fil...s/54-23-02.html
    http://www.ant-miniatures.narod.ru/eng.fil...s/54-24-01.html
    http://www.ant-miniatures.narod.ru/eng.fil...4-35-40-01.html
    http://www.ant-miniatures.narod.ru/eng.fil.../120-43-01.html

The same figures as Kit can be found here:
    http://www.ant-miniatures.com/main.php?action=shop&group=4

I ask to forgive my bad English language.
    Best regards. Vik.
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Vik, thank you very much for posting the links to your site. I really like the trench raider and it is going on my list of figures to do.

Here is an up to date photo of the progress so far. Advice welcome.

Roger.

Attached Files:

14. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Roger
    Compliments Nice Piece
    good Paint and good Amouse

:) MAB
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Maurizio.

Roger.
  16. GARD9 Member

United-States
    Hello Roger,
    Romantic as in..Webster says "4a. marked by the imaginative or emotional appeal of what is heroic, adventurous, remote, mysterious, or idealized."
    I think that sums up my feelings about miniatures as a whole and the Women's Death Battalion. ;)
    Keep posting those Fusilier kits.

Vik,
    Thanks for the links. I know of Ant Miniatures but, I don't remember seeing these.
    Cool stuff. I'll try to locate some here in the US.
    G9
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I'll go along with that definition John, I was thinking of something else :lol:

Roger.
  18. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roger, a comment about the pics, I found red backgrounds when photographing figures a bit blinding, but the background you've used for the second and third pics IMHO wash out your fleshtones. I have yet to master the art of photographing figures, so take my post as you wish. I love what you have done so far, and can't wait to see the figure come along.
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you for the comments Matthew, they are much appreciated. I'm very much at the experimental stages with the photography of my figures so any comment oradvice is welcome.
    Glad you like it so far. I've done some more work on the figure so I'll take some more pics with different backgroounds and post them later.

Cheers,

Roger.
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Small step further.

Attached Files: