1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WW1 North Rhodesian Police

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by elanlane13, Dec 5, 2007.

1. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Below are some smudgy pictures of my latest sculpt. He is a trooper of the North Rhodesian Police during WW1 in 75mm. Made with Magic Sculp, Duro, plastic card and wire.
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
  2. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    You have done one hell of a job - congratulations
  3. blaster Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Robert,

Is that a Heller face? Great sculpting - I like the theme and love the details. If I may make a suggestion - why not straighten the sides of the fez? I don't think that it is supposed to bulge out.

Rgds Victor
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    a little bit work on the feet and I would say 'it's a 10'. Now I have to give a 9 and a half
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Robert, very good work.
    Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
    Roc.
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Robert - What a great idea for a figure! Where did you get the idea? I would give the bottom of the feet a bit of an arch and would carve in some ankles. The fez looks just a little too perfect also. Could you give it a bump or a ding here and there? No idea what the fez is made of, of course, so maybe that's not possible.

All the best,
    Dan
  7. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Thank you all for the comments. The idea came from a discussion on the Basement forum in the UK with myself and fellow member Matabele. He had aquired a base made from South African wood and wanted suggestions as to what to put on it. I suggested this figure, which I would sculpt and he would paint and then keep. We both found reference and here is my part of the arrangement.

Dan and Blaster, my reference does show a tapered fez, which was made of a stiff material. The few photos I have found show them un battered.

Vergilius, the feet were re-worked a little before the figure was handed over. I'm looking forward to seeing it painted.
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Robert - It's a great piece! Very unusual! I have no idea what the fez was made of, of course. I was going by uniform photos and illustrations - Not of Rhodesian police - that show them a bit flexible. Keep up the good work!

All the best,
    Dan