1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WW1 Highlander

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by stev1eran, Aug 23, 2006.

1. stev1eran Member

Hi Guys,
    Here is my latest. It is a bust from Forlorn Hope Miniatures which represents a tommy from the 2nd Battalion Seaforth Highlanders at the Battle of the Somme.
    All comments welcome.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
    Steve
  2. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    Hi Steve
    It looks very nice.I' m not too sure about the background colour
    well done
    Roberto
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Steve,
    a nice bust and well represented. It looks like your highlights and shadows are too harsh though. I think they need a bit of blending. I would work on some mid tones to blend them into the base color a bit more. Keep it up!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Steve - I like the bust very much! Suggest you try taking the photos again, however. I think your color background and low light make it a little more difficult to see the subject. I've had this happen to me also!

All the best,
    Dan
  5. stev1eran Member

Thanks Guys,
    I need to work a bit more on shadows and highlights but i think I am heading in the right direction :)
    As for the photos Dan I will give it another shot and see how they look.

Steve
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Nice one Steve. I have just started this one today. I won't be critical of yours as I haven't painted a bust before :eek: . I'm enjoying the experiance so far though.

Roger.