1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ww1 dioramas and figures

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by trencher, May 31, 2011.

1. trencher New Member

United-States
    Hello to all of you fellow ww1 modellers.

This ismy first time at something like this, so i hope that i am getting it right.
    I am at the present building a 120mm scale ww1 diorama, complete with scale telephone,sissor type telescope binoculars, and an officer of the day sleeping quarters. In doing so, i have come across the name of a certain mr, jon smith of germany. If there is anyone out there that knows of
    his work or even if he is still alive, i would certainly appreciate a thumb's up.

Thank you-
    trencher-
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome aboard Aaron (y)

We'll give our best for your quest, If unable to find your Jon Smith there are some really sharp WWI enthusiasts here that can aide you with your diorama :)

Feel free to repost your query in the "General Talk" forum to get more eyes on it!
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hello Aaron. welcome to Planet Figure. Jon Smith is very much alive and kicking. Here's a link to his website,
    http://jsm.tuwhost.eu/index.php?article_id=21&clang=1

Jon Smith figures are very well researched and high quality. You'll find a lot of people here can vouch for his products.

Roger.
  4. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Aaron and I am one of the guys Roger mentioned.

I have painted 6 or 7 of his figures and around 5 are still laying in my grey army, inclusive his big trench scene

Have a look here http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40649 and you can see one of his figures

For me are his figures highly recommended.

Ulrich
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Welcome to pF and great to have another WW1 nut on board. Jon Smith Modelbau are perhaps the best WW1 figure producers going around at present and their 120mm and 54mm figures are superb. They also do lots of accessories that will help make your trench scene look a bit more realistic.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Hi Aarron, I'll join the list. Jon Smith figures are amongst the best you can get for sculpting and accuracy.
    Look forwards to what you come up with,
    Carl.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    i've done two Jon Smith figures. He send it to me, and as bonus i get two heads extra because he find the P&P cost very high.
    He did that to compensate another one's fault.
    I can only highly recommend Jon Smith and his range of WW 1 figures. They are great.

Marc
  8. Simon G New Member

Belgium
    Welcome to you on Planet
  9. trencher New Member

United-States
    to the great many of you who have responded to my inquiry as concerns jon smith, i thank you. with such a treasure of those of you who so willingly came to my aid, ithank each and every one of you. i can now proceed to finish my work with my head
    held high. now all i have to do is join pay-pal and i will be in business. i intend to purchase a digital camera within the upcoming keek and will try my hand at recording
    mu work on whatever format will give me the best shots. after that, if i don't sound
    to overbearing, it will be my pleasure to share with you the format of my work. glad
    to have found so many ww1 model builders within the reach of this venue.
    will be hearing from me again soon, trencher-
  10. trencher New Member

United-States
    hi longtimemodeller

still waiting on your reply as to the sale of your kirin figure. since i wa not logged into
    pay-pal, i was not able to enter a bid. please respond as soon as you can about your offer if it is still available. i tried to find your attachment again but i am new at this and i could not.
    trencher