1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WW1 British Commonwealth Infantryman 1917

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by BobLff257, Apr 19, 2013.

1. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Just about to start this one, 120mm resin Brit Inf. late war period. Sculpted by Pete Moreton. Its blue tacked together for forgive gaps etc. Webbing buckles and straps/slings to be added. The figure is designed to have the SMLE slung across the shoulder but I quite like him holding the bayonet, shows off the rifle and it will be easier to transport.I am working on some alternative heads ( Aussie slouch hat, peaked cap etc.) for future inclusion if required. If any body is interested I will have complete castings very soon so drop me a pm. Hope you like it,

2013_0419ww1com0012.JPG 2013_0419ww1com0008.JPG 2013_0419ww1com0016.JPG Rob ;)
    Russ5281, Wings5797, Don and 15 others like this.
  2. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Looks great i like the relaxed pose !

Hendryk
  3. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great looking sculpt! Glad to see more quality figures of this subject.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Like this one very much.

Marc
  5. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Another beautifully sculpted figure from Pete. It's amazing how much difference a change of headgear can make. If you do a slouch hat or cap, then the helmet should be carried as well. I'm not sure I'd like to grasp an unsheathed bayonet!

Good luck with this one,

Mike
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very nice piece Rob.
    Carl.(y)
  7. pte1643 Active Member

Put me down for one. ;)
  8. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great subject Rob and nice sculpt by Pete. Very poignant.
    Gordon
  9. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Very thought provoking, i would love one.
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice indeed, I'm guessing it is but will the cross etc come with it ? Agreed on the bayonet but a small bit of ground work would raise the rifle a fraction to give a better place to grip. Another belter from Pete

Steve
  11. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very Nice another good one from Pete, wish you all the very best with it.

ian
  12. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you everyone for your kind comments and interest, it will come with the base and cross. Just laying down some basecoats and I hope to show wip pictures soon.

Rob
  13. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Reminds me a bit of the Sons of England Memorial I saw here on University Ave today (Toronto). Some the sculpture on varoius memorials would convert to excellent WWI figures.

e03ebd17-bfff-41a3-82eb-12777d770a3f.jpg sons england toronto.jpg

Colin
    captnenglish likes this.
  14. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent figure Rob and great sculpting from Pete, should do well.
  15. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely figure, very evocative.
    Interesting to mention memorial bronzes, whilst researching for a project, I found that the 1WW ones around the UK came from a catalogue of about a dozen standard patterns and the civic dignitaries elected which one to use when they were erected in the 1920s.
    Steve(y)
  16. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Will this brilliant figure be avaliable?
  17. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Look forward to the painting Rob. Have the rifle slung and tilt him forward a bit when you fix him permantly mate, he looks a bit off balance.
  18. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    You can put me down for one of these Rob. Looks like cracking good sculpt from Pete.
    I like the cross too. It provides some context and emotion.
  19. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Some really great casting on this figure by Ricky O'Mahoney of Emmart Productions. The Helmet on the grave marker is almost to scale thickness with liner etc, the wooden board is very thin, and the tube on the gasmask is all cast as one peice.
    Must be seen to be beleived!
    Wings5797 and Helm like this.
  20. Don Well-Known Member

Wonderful figure Rob, I really like this one.With rifle on his shoulder and a slouch hat, hard to beat. When will it be available and how about the slouch hat.
    Looking forward to seeing him painted.

Don