1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WW 1 Italian Marine "Fante di Marina" on Piave 1918

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Cristian Sartori, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Cristian Sartori Active Member

Italy
    I post my last work, in progress, it is produced by the Italian company MMA, is a Marine in a trench on the lower Piave in 1918.

Attached Files:

gforceman likes this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice work. The battle at the Piave river whas also known as the 11th Isonzo battle. It whas after the disaster of the Battle at Caporetto (the Italians where defaeted) that the Italians fall back to the Piave river lead by the new commander Diaz.
    Diaz get organized a strong defence an to build up in such a short time (the Italians has dug in) I can't image that the trench looked that good. As my reference pictures let me see, they have only a trench into the ground without reinforcement of wood or sandbags.
    Have looked to a bunch of pictures in my books and I cannot find a trench like this on the Piave river.
    So the trench is my only remark to your work.

Marc
  3. Cristian Sartori Active Member

Italy
    I thank you for the information, I realized the figurine from box, the setting is included in the box
  4. Cristian Sartori Active Member

Italy
    to megroot, after your observation I tried to find materials about it, I could not find photos of a trench as my figure, but I must say that the figure corresponds to a Marine in summer uniform, because under his shirt worn a t-shirt, the period goes from May to September of 1918, less than a year after Caporetto, I think in that period, in which the front was stabilized, there was time to make trenches more complex than those were made in the first days after Caporetto. however I am looking for material on the battle of the solstice 15-22 June 1918.
    There were heavy batteries of the Navy, these certainly positioned in well made ​​and defenses position, my figurine could also represent one of the guards in defense of one of the pieces of these batteries.
    this comment, I apologize for my bad English, does not want to be argumentative, but rather to stimulate a dialogue with a foreign person that I was amazed at the interest in facts that I thought were only interested few italians
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Cristian ,

Nice figure , like the tones you are using on the uniform and also the fleshwork .

Its amazing the information PF members have on all subjects , very interesting to read about the trench. details

Thanks for sharing and welcome to PF as well good to have you with us

Nap
  6. Cristian Sartori Active Member

Italy
    thanks napoleonpeart
  7. Cristian Sartori Active Member

Italy
    after a lot of time I have finished this work. I hope you like it. Just on time for 100 years from the beginning of WWI in Italy

Attached Files:

billyturnip likes this.