1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Wrath of God

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mariobusta, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    This is my first 90mm figure in many years.I got a rude shock with the quality of castings and fit of parts.I was expecting the same quality as the Poste Milataire figures I have stored away.I don't really enjoy assembling figures, I just like to paint them..But its a beautiful figure and i a wrath of god1.jpg wrath of god3.jpg m surprised I haven't seen any others painted on the net.
    Aveleira, Steve, john din and 3 others like this.
  2. YellowBear Active Member

excellent, i love the black color you did
    i wish i can do this good
  3. chaRon Member

United-States
    Great job, the black color is very well done, especially because it is not quite as easy to paint. This figure is older and for some years on the market
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    It's a alltime favorit of mine. You painted him perfectly.

marc
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks well done Neil.
    Carl.(y)
  6. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely painted Neil,i love the black colour you have achieved and i'm glad you did'nt shy away from some weathering.
    Unfortunately Neil Andrea Miniatures will never meet the sculpting standards of Post Militaire and i have had many problems with Andrea kits in regards to poor fit and castings.

Brian
  7. Showlen Active Member

United-States
    You have done a fantastic job (y), this looks amazing. The black tones are perfect.

Ronnie
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Neil,
    Excellent black tones.
    Cheers
    John
  9. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Nice dramatic looking piece Neil, hadn't even noticed this one before.
    Particularly face & tunic, presume all in oils, still dried under a lamp?

So cool to see you back in action.

Mik
  10. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hey Mike,Still using mainly oils, but now using Games Workshop acrylics for metal, details and undercoats.And their ready made washes are amazingly easy and effective.
  11. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    I use a lot of Games Workshop acrylics too Neil, for all types of surfaces. Did get some of the washes but found they were too glossy, perhaps not using them properly?
  12. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Very nice work Neil,the black has turned out well .

Cheers David