1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

World War One from D-Day MS in progress

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pavka, May 30, 2014.

1. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Hello,
    I know that D-DAY Miniature Studio is not so fortunate name to realease WWI figures but this subject is so interesting and I decided to make a few guys. I am planning four figures. One british tanker, a british officer, british soldier and german POW.
    First is a british sergeant - Tank Corps. Wearing one piece tankman coverall and holding a jacket hanging down on his back. Btw I wrote that this coverall was blue, orange-khaki?? and black. Does anybody know what blue color should I use later for the boxart.
    So here are the progress pictures. Scale is 1/35!
    Hope you like it.
    Cheers
    Pawel

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    elanlane13, gforceman, Steve and 8 others like this.
  2. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Wow, nice change in direction, pawel, :) initial work looks superb. Look foward to the rest of them...
    M ark D;)
  3. Adrien Campbell Active Member

Agree with the above, excellent choices and look forward to the great work you produce!

Regards,

Adrien
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant start Pawel.(y)
  5. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Very good start. .. it's almost done, isnt't it?(y)
  6. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Nice work so far!
  7. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think with the release of 1/35 tanks this year you're on to a winner here Pawel.

I was asked to do 1/35 by a lot of people when Tamiya and then Takom announced their new Mk IV kits, but that would have taken my focus off 1/32, so its great that you've picked this up.

No doubt there is a market for this scale and certainly with the type of troops you are spot-on!

From memory I think the early coveralls were denim, but I'll check that!
  8. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Thank you very much Mark, Adrien, Carl, Lopee, Taesung and Darren! Thank you for your kind opinion! Darren, I thought about the market of course, but I also want to sculpt something, that is new, fresh for me. So if you have any info about this british tank coveralls, please share with us!
    Pawel
    Tommys War likes this.
  9. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Will do Pawel, I'll have a look over the weekend! ;)
  10. bonehead A Fixture

United-States
    Nice job Pavel! (y)
  11. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Thank you Mike, it's always nice to hear or rather see kind words from such famous sculptors like you and Taesung!:)
    Soon new pictures btw!
    Cheers
    Pawel
  12. rkpost New Member

United-States
    MI40 Tanker Photos.jpg MI40 Tankers Plate.jpg

Hello,

I can't wait to see the Tanker completed. It will go nicely with a Panzershop Mark II I am finishing. Here are some references from an old issue of Military Illustrated from September 1991. I have other reference photos which I will scan over the weekend.
  13. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great diversity and will be a winner with the long awaited to additions that are soon to be on the market well done mate
    Cheers Chris
  14. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Thank you very much Chris and rkpost for the pictures. It is very helpfull for me! So if you will place here other pictures you have I will be very very greatful! thanks again.
    cheers
    Pawel
  15. rkpost New Member

United-States
    Somme Tanker Plate.jpg Osprey Tankers Plate.jpg

Hello Pavka,

As promised, here are other color plates of WWI British Tankers. The first plate is from The Somme 1916, Crucible of a British Army. The second is from Osprey Men At Arms 402, The British Army in World War I (2). Both were written and illustrated by Mike Chappell. I was lucky to purchase the original Osprey plate several years ago.

Rob
  16. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Thank you very much Rob! :)
  17. Pavka Well-Known Member

Poland
    Hello, after few days fighting with toothache, today I made a little progress. Here are the pics. Hope you like it!
    Cheers
    Pawel

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]