1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Workshop 2011 Day 2

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by gordy, Sep 3, 2011.

1. toy4x4 Active Member

United-States
    My fence fell down while I was gone. I didn't want to bother with fixing it so I could continue on with the inner coat. And of course the wife invited the family over this evening..... People and things needs to stop messing with my painting time.

It was great to meet everyone! Now I have to figure out who goes with which username on here.

Terry
    Fernando Ruiz likes this.
  2. johnny b New Member

Canada
    Fourteen hours later we are back in Canada...but we forgot Gordy! we had a blast!! Tom, Dave and I want to thank Gordy, Alex, Fernando, Chris, Charlie and everyone else who made this such a great workshop. To have the chance to sit down with such a great group of guys, meet new friends, hold some awesome painted miniatures in our hands and study them was worth the drive! Im not eating cheese or sitting in a car for a week, but the juices are flowing and the paint brushes calling, a big thanks to everyone, eh!!!
    Fernando Ruiz and toy4x4 like this.
  3. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    finally getting a chance to check in. Man I had a blast at the workshop and really feel that I learned a great deal of the Spanish way of painting. I will be sharing it with my club members. Thank you to Fernando for traveling to the USA to teach us Americano's something about painting. So to Fernando I want to say "welcome to America" one more time and a huge thank you to Gordy for putting the workshop on, I hope it isn't the last one. To the rest of the painters I want to say that it was so great to meet all of you and I look forward to spending many hours in the future catching up at shows and hopefully future workshops. I really think I made some life long friends at the workshop.

Well, time to get back to painting. Does anyone know where I can get some thinner, specifically Tamiya thinner?
  4. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Kudo's to all and especially Gordy, Fernando and Alex and also Charlie and Chris for their hospitality. I learnt a great deal about the dreaded Acrylics and a fabulous time that was shared with all that went. It was an experience of a lifetime and hope that it is not the last.
    Thanks for the great week-end to you all, as that was the essence of the seminar.
    Cheers
    John
  5. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Just wanted to add to the rest of the posts that it was indeed a great workshop! A huge thank you to Fernando for helping me overcome my, "fear" of putting paint on the figure and providing excellent instruction on how to paint with water based paint. I'm not sure if I'm ready to taste how the Vallejo paints compare to the others, LOL. Also a big shout out to Joe, Bill and everyone else who gave me advice on painting techniques. And of course last but not least to Gordy for making it all happen. I hope everyone's figure made it back home okay.
  6. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    I forgot to say thank you to everyone that gave me their cat so I could form the pussy posse. I sriously love that cat sculpt! i will make sure to do something really cool with them.

Thanks again!
  7. davsam28 New Member

United-States
    I had a great time with everyone at the workshop(y) i learned that this whole figure thing is going to take time to grasp:lol: i just wish Fer was standing by me saying " Dave what the hell you are doing":p so i know when i goof up .
    i cant wait to finish the violinist so i can move on to the next, I had a great time and made some new friends and overall really enjoyed myself
    thanks to all
    # 19:cool:
  8. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    And to Mi Amigo Fernando!
    It was great meeting you for the first time; it seems as if we had been pals for years!
    I will drop you a line with the requested research in a few days, have a safe trip back to the land of the Hamon!

And for the rest of the gang; I had a blast!

Tom I need your mailing address, slap Bayes around for me!
    Dave I hope that today will be better than Monday; please give Jenny Wade a big hug from Nancy and I.
    Chris #18
  9. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Yo! Mike!
    If I had known that you were so into the pussy patrol; I would have kick the cat your way as well!
    Mrosko

P.S. It was good hanging with you!
    Meehan34 likes this.
  10. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Well, buddies... The jet lag doesn't let me be as poetic as I would like.
    What can I say that hasn't been already said by you?
    I have been attending since some time ago to several shows, seminars, modellers gatherings and reunions and I can sincerely say that rarely I have had the same feeling of comradeship and cordiality that I had this weekend.
    "Welcome to America" has been the catch phrase of the weekend but, for me had a true and sincere meaning that I could be able to confirm at every moment. Guess you all know what I'm talking about...
    Thanks ALL for EVERYTHING. As I said to Chris, "This is the first time I meet you, but I have the feeling that it won't be the last!" :whistle:;)
    Keep safe, friends
    FeR
    davsam28, Jim Patrick and Meehan34 like this.
  11. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    I would like to thank Alex for all of the images that have been posted and hope to see more of them soon.

Bill K. when will we see some of your images? say hello to Mrs. Betty and the Beckster for me! LOL!

I hope to attend a show in Spain in the near future.
    Chris
    gordy likes this.
  12. clevischi Member

United-States
    I would like to thank everyone that attended to the workshop, and especially to Chris, Alex, Charlie and Gordy. People like you guys, make the effort to take a 12h flight worths.

And a pic from the last minutes from last day:

[IMG]

And Thanks to Fernando, because we have a great last night with beers and motorcycles at Saint Charles downtown!!

And lets stay in touch, just search for "Carlos Levischi" at facebook.
    gordy, Meehan34, toy4x4 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    A pleasure to meet you, mate!
    Sure it was a great night. Saint Charles loks straight out of a movie filmed in the average American town. A pleasure to walk the streets and have some beers with the genuine people we found there. The motorcycle gang buddies were awesome!
    Hope to see you in BCN.
    Regards
    FeR
  14. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Beer for Fernando and Milk for Carlos! LOL!
  15. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Oh! let's not forget Gordy! he was a walking billboard! LOL!
    gordy and Fernando Ruiz like this.
  16. davsam28 New Member

United-States
    Yeah Alex ...more pics? :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  17. alexwencho Active Member

United-States
    Dave, I did send Gordy some 30 pix from day #3 and it is up to him to get them up, please give him time on that.
    When I get back to my base, I will get a bunch of photos re- mastered and will do a 'photo dump' here on PF ona new thread.

Alex Wence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. davsam28 New Member

United-States
    Awesome ...thx man

19. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi Dave,

I'm working on it, I've had some technical I.T. difficulties since after the workshop!

I'll have more pics up this evening :)

BTW, I've got your flashlight/laser pointer ;)
  20. davsam28 New Member

United-States
    Lol wow I just bought it before show thx... If you pm me I can send you a p.p box to send it to me :)