1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Working on a face

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by miwashi, Jan 19, 2017.

1. miwashi New Member

I'm trying to get the likeness correct but can't. Can anyone tell me how to make it resemble the photo below more? Is it the eyes that don't match?

[IMG]

[IMG]
    lancer115 likes this.
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice job so far :)

Looks like a couple of small adjustments to your face will help. Looking at the face you are trying to reproduce -
    1) The pupil corner of his eyes is slightly lower than the outer corner
    2) He has a distinct flat triangular 'pad' where the top of the nose joins the brow
    3) the lines from the corner of the nose are much softer (It looks like this area protrudes rather than is a crease)

Hope that helps - fabulous work especially given the size

Paul
    lancer115 likes this.
  3. miwashi New Member

Thanks, I made some slight changes. But it still lacks the look. Are there any other distinctive areas I should work on?

[IMG]
  4. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    I've found that looking at the sculpt in a mirror or a photo gives a fresh view and can show up things which require changing. You could also make a transparent copy of one of the photos and lay it over the other to see how they differ.
    I think you're doing an excellent job, good luck with the rest.
    Scotty.
  5. miwashi New Member