1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Work in Progress

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Guy, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words Gary. I will be doing some yellow this week on a verlinden Mamluk Bust. I'll shoot pics on each stage from start to finish. Yellow and red used to be hard for me but I enjoy them now. In fact I am working on a 120mm Actramac Guinevere as a Christmas Present for the wife and I actually used black and scarlet to do the blending and shading of red. Has a great effect after the last drybrushing (5-6)

Guy
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    That looks really good Guy. Is there a pattern on the head scarf?
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks John,
    the head scarf is done by taking an old brush with hairs going every which way ( got alot of them) and using a stippling effect similar to what you would do in stenciling. The base color was medium blue with mauve and cream colored random stippling done. I saw this technique done in a Military Modeling magazine. Boy, I don't throw away my old brushes any more.
    guy
  4. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Guy,

I particularly like the way you did the horse.

It's also a great idea to include it with the mountain man because contrary to the general belief, the majority of the mountain men were mounted. They did move around a lot and had loads of gear with them.

Guess it's because people often mistake 'em for the 'wood runners' from the North East and the Daniel Boone/Davy Crockett type. "You know all these bearded, unkempt guys with their fringed clothing, they all look alike".

Cheers,
    Quang
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Quang.....
    I went to a Mountain man reinactment several years ago and so true.....even in modern times their garb that the Mountain men wore made them look alike, bushy, unkempt, like my avatar picture.. ...But I enjoyed it all the same. I have a 90mm Horse that I am slowly doing some conversions to so I can add to a Mou ntain scene. Of course I would love to do a 120mm Mounted Mountain Man (hint....hint)

Guy