1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Woodland Scenics Deep Water

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Paul Kernan, May 30, 2019.

1. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    I used this product for the first time. Overall, I am happy how it worked. One small issue I'm looking for advice on. When I removed the barrier I noticed a small ridge along the edge where the resin was in contact

I am considering simply carving the ridge away with an Xacto knife but does anyone have any other suggestions (buffing it away using a Dremel, etc???) without damaging the clarity of the resin? Or should I just leave well along?;)

Secondly, can I use Liquitex Gloss Medium Gel (in my tool box) to create ripples on the resin surface or is there another product I should look at?

Appreciate any advice

Thanks folks

Paul
    peedee likes this.
  2. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Just carve the ridge away and paint a gloss coat over the cut to return the gloss. I don't use the gloss medium so I am not familiar with the product. I expect that someone else will reply to that question
    Cheers
    John
    theBaron, peedee and Paul Kernan like this.
  3. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks John
    peedee likes this.
  4. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Sanding or grinding with dremel tool and then a coat of gloss varnish will sort that out, as John said.
  5. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Tony...everyone seems to be the same opinions.(y)
    peedee likes this.
  6. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Trimmed, sanded and varnished...a success in my books. Thanks guys
    Tony Dawe and peedee like this.
  7. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I would use the gel medium for the ripples. I use a different brand-Golden. I use it for making water bases for ship models, too. It works for making splashing or pouring water in fountains, etc.

I'd make sure it's a clear gel, though. Golden has both clear and opaque, which describes what they look like when they dry/cure.

Prost!
    Brad
  8. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks for the info, Brad. I'll check my stock and see(y)

Slainte mhath
    Paul
    theBaron likes this.