1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Woodland 54s

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by John Long, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John!

The groundwork is looking super, as your always does :) Are you planning on having the vignette done by Atlanta? Keep it up buddy!
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey John!

The groundwork is looking super, as your always does :) Are you planning on having the vignette done by Atlanta? Keep it up buddy!
  3. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. I doubt I will have it for Atlanta though. It would be nice, but I've learned my lesson with unrealistic deadlines.
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. I doubt I will have it for Atlanta though. It would be nice, but I've learned my lesson with unrealistic deadlines.
  5. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Great spiral composition, John! (y) (y)

I particularly appreciate the multiple levels on which the two figures stand and the way the whole scene revolves around the tree which acts as an anchor.

I don't know if you did it on purpose or as an impulse but the whole scene just 'clicks' together perfectly.

Congrats! (y)

Quang
  6. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Great spiral composition, John! (y) (y)

I particularly appreciate the multiple levels on which the two figures stand and the way the whole scene revolves around the tree which acts as an anchor.

I don't know if you did it on purpose or as an impulse but the whole scene just 'clicks' together perfectly.

Congrats! (y)

Quang
  7. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Quang, high praise indeed. I hadn't thought of the spiral aspect of the composition. My intention was to use the vertical space to create intimacy between the two figures and the forest. The spiral was just a bonus. I did use a spiral composition intentionally once before on the Monte-La Difensa diorama I did last year.
  8. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Quang, high praise indeed. I hadn't thought of the spiral aspect of the composition. My intention was to use the vertical space to create intimacy between the two figures and the forest. The spiral was just a bonus. I did use a spiral composition intentionally once before on the Monte-La Difensa diorama I did last year.
  9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,

I agree, it just has your eye looking all around the scene. I look forward to seeing you finish it. Will you be bringing it to Atlanta, I know you may not have it done but you could still show it like alot of people are doing.

Joe
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,

I agree, it just has your eye looking all around the scene. I look forward to seeing you finish it. Will you be bringing it to Atlanta, I know you may not have it done but you could still show it like alot of people are doing.

Joe
  11. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
  12. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Excellent vignette (y) Wish I was that GOOD !Cheers :lol:
    Kenneth.
  14. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Excellent vignette (y) Wish I was that GOOD !Cheers :lol:
    Kenneth.
  15. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Great work John, and boy is it inspirational! (y) It's going to be a beaut' when finished.

-jim cox
  16. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Great work John, and boy is it inspirational! (y) It's going to be a beaut' when finished.

-jim cox
  17. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    (y) Looking GREAT John! Like the way it all ties in together. Can't wait to see it painted. (y)
  18. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    (y) Looking GREAT John! Like the way it all ties in together. Can't wait to see it painted. (y)
  19. Greg Bowman Member

Let's try this logged on...

John, Awesome vignette can’t wait to see it finished… (y)
  20. Greg Bowman Member

Let's try this logged on...

John, Awesome vignette can’t wait to see it finished… (y)