1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Wooden bases for luxury wargame miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Vallo, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Vallo Active Member

Red Moon Miniaturs is pleased to present its new line of display bases for Wargame models.
    SUPPORT US HERE on KICKSTARTER

Made of fine poplar wood, with a modern and elegant design, the Red Moon display bases will allow you to present your models in the best possible way; whether it is your home collection or the most important and popular events and competitions, your works will stand out at their best, in a simple and safe way!

In fact, our bases are equipped with the Magnetic Anti-Crash System (MACS), a circular housing for round bases with a diameter (25mm) equipped with a built-in metal plate and are equipped with a magnet to be applied to the movement base. This, not only will allow you a safe transport on every occasion, but will preserve your pictorial effort from the "risks" of each competition, allowing you to handle everything safely, leaving the possibility to remove the model at any time.

Produced in different shapes and with chromatically adaptable colors to each project, they will guarantee maximum yield and uniqueness for your works. Our sideburns are in fact HANDMADE, with all the care and uniqueness that guarantees a Made in Italy craft product

Attached Files:

2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Kickstarter for woodbases !

minions-lol.gif

Wait I look for my axe and wil cut some tree for you . No, wait . I had my shoemaker to put nails on the soles of my shoes to go in the snow and he said that he must first open a kickstrater session because he want to make perfect fit according to my weight and size ...
    R Dominick likes this.
  3. Vallo Active Member

Thanks, I see you have read our project carefully. Our bases are magnetic. If you are not familiar with kickstarter there are also projects for decals or for wetpalettes. So we do not see, how our seriousness of structure can allow you to mock our sought-after works for unique projects.
    Sincerely Red Moon Staff
    Mirofsoft, kevininpdx and Viking Bob like this.
  4. Banjer A Fixture

England
    Mirof is not mocking your product but the fact that you feel you need to kickstart it. Your page states you have the timber so why not just make some and offer them for sale?

Bill
    R Dominick and Mirofsoft like this.
  5. Vallo Active Member

Hi Bill,
    Because to create all these products you have to buy the wood and work it with craftsmen by hand. We don't understand the answers. Who makes decals doesn't have the sheets? But there are wargame decals kickstarters. Who produces stl file doesn't have a computer? We really don't understand what the kickstrter problem is, in fact, there are more problems creating magnetic bases like this than an stl file.

Red Moon Staff
  6. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good luck with your Kickstarter. The product looks excellent. In response to the statement above. Kickstarter is an excellent way for a new company to reduce risk. The miniature painting hobby is tiny and sales appear to vary wildly. More companies should consider using Kickstarter.
    Viking Bob likes this.
  7. Vallo Active Member

Thanks, we agree with you. We consider kickstarter an excellent portal for new ideas and projects that cannot always be realized immediately. We are glad that you have understood the problems of manufacturing today and today for large scale. Not all companies are like Games Workshop.
    Thanks for the good wishes.

Red Moon Staff
  8. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    All is well and good . Just imagine Van Gogh waiting for the apparition of the kick starter concept before painting anything ...
    Tradition, Rose Model, MinFigs, Hinchliffe, Lasset, Sanderson, Ray Lamb, Verlinden ... and 100th of others didn't wait either .

I'm just a old guy, who made sales in the sector of printed circuit boards and hybrid circuitry thin and thick layers ( factories in Belgium ), I visited potential customers ( awkward at the beginning ) with samples convincing enough for them to order some adapted to their needs, and 95% of them ordered their full owned design with their company name on it, never to be sold to anyone else, with a full signed agreement of non divulgation . The names of lot of those customers are still written in gicantic neon ( LEDs now ) on building in the center of big cities .

You have a good, well sought, idea for creating something new . Good, just go for it, make some and propose them .
    Who Dares Wins

I fully wish you all the best in your sales .
  9. Vallo Active Member

Well, Van Gogh died poor and his paintings have value after his death.
    All the other houses you mentioned are huge production houses that made their fortunes in other times. In fact, now they have all failed like Verlinden. The world has changed and fortunately there are these alternative systems as a kickstarter to propose projects and have supporters. Without these and other solutions such as social media or websites, we are sorry to say, but the products for figures and the like would no longer exist. Those who do not renew themselves die.
    Greetings from Italy.

Red Moon Staff
  10. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Rose ... Mr Gammage was alone with a wife as helping hand
    Lasset ..; the same
    Sanderson .. alone .... alone
    Mr Labayen was full time a politic parlementiary, passionate and designing figurines during part of the night
    Behind Men O War, there was a woman who sculpted 8 pieces, but, at the birth of her baby decided to be a full time mother, big loss for us at the time
    Pat Bird and John Tassel, were painters for Tradition, they decided to collect their spares and to produce Serie 77, later Mr Tassel mad Lasset and Mr Bird reworked all the first 77 range, went to the states and expended the line .
    Ray Lamb made without any background on the subject a first attempt in painting, not pleased a second then a third one and got a Gold Metal, the year after his own range of 75mm came under the Hinchliffe name . Mr Verlinden was a little postman, working on maquettes after a full day wandering with a bag full of letters and boxes . He was after that one of the biggest editor, supplier of figurines worlwide, he just retired, and as nobody had the b...ls to take over, he decided to destroy all the moulds .
    And for me : I think they are to much suppliers making their 4 - 5 pieces a year happy to sell 20 of them each, you are more than 1200 makers ( they were 50 ) and the number of buyers stay the same, so in fact all the happy kiskstarters are simply killing the Bzns, and, by the way, the day somebody between all the happy kicksomething is able to cast a drum in 2 parts with all tension cords included in the casting but NOT touchingt the drum trunk, please tell me ; Mr Lamb was able to do that 50 years ago ... are you ? I'm not .
    And the first kickstarters in this line of bzns were in Modellers Club, showing their sculpture done during the week-end and asking their club friends if they wanted a copy, at cost, in a sharing spirit .

But again, I realy, wish you all the best in your sales .
  11. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    I wish you good luck for your kickstarter..I have a question about magnets however. Are they allowed when travelling by plane ?
    I do my own bases and prefer to use brass inserts.. this way, I can temporarily screw my bases to the the tray at the bottom of my carrying box. They can't move and they are 100% secure.
  12. Vallo Active Member

Hi Alex,
    Of course, they are safe and can travel by plane. They are like the magnets you buy in the cities for souvenirs.;)
  13. renato rebe Member

14. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium

Oh dear friend, first I hope you reached your target .
    Now Games Workshop ( you dared to put a big name in front ) ... the first time I visited them in London was in 1974 ... two young guys having spent all their money in a shop the size of a stamp .. I was there because my friend was a wargame player and those young and friendly guys had the month before visited at their cost a wargame convention in Brussels with 2 boxes of a new game D&D, I falled in love with the game . Back to the shop now: they were already 2 customers inside and I stayed out because there was no place enough for 4 customers at the same time inside, while waiting others customers came by and waited outside ...
    Then they dared adding their own range of figs then .. then ... 20 years later they were Games Workshop
    Wish you the same success

Oh ! By the way ... Magnetic Anti Crash is REPULSIVE not ATTRACTIVE
    And about magnetic mat to glue to the figurines bases, I gave lot of samples to friend 50 years ago, coming from one of our factories in the Netherlands . All those productions are in China now and can be bought sheet by sheet format A4 that what they do now since I can not give samples anymore .... The thick magnet, we tried some square, round and rectangular, many forms, sizes and thickness, because they were more heavy thus more stability, but thatfor the base must be hollowed to size first, to much work, too expensive

Ready made from your company will be welcomed .
  15. Vallo Active Member

Attached Files: