1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Wood & Leather Paint Set from Vallejo (70.182)

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Stelios Demiras, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Wood & Leather Paint Set from Vallejo (70.182)

A new Paint Set from Vallejo Acrylics Company is aimed to make our modelling life easier! Having in my hands the nice dark package I must admit that I was impressed. Nice box art for sure. So what do we have inside: Carefully placed there are 8 Model Colour bottles from their regular range and an instruction leaflet (about four pages A4) with Step By Step instructions and photos from Angel Giraldez, the well know artist. The text is in English and in Spanish with a quick introduction for the basic terms (text and three diagrams): Highlights, Shadows, Feathering, Blending and Wash. So you get a How To Quick Article for Wood and Leather using the regular Model Color Acrylics. The eight codes are: Dark Sand 847, Chocolate Brown 872, Japan Uniform WWII 923, Orange Brown 981, Flat Earth 983, Woodgrain 828, Smoke 939 and Black 950. The part for the Wood is covering 1/3 of the whole leaflet space but it is almost full as the wooden shield used as example present almost all wood shades (painting different wooden planks) that we usually use. So we have six SBS photos with detailed captions. As the leather painting is more demanding, Angel makes three different parts: Dark Leather, Red Leather and Light Leather using as an example the Pegaso Viking 90mm that has a lot of different textures! For each leather shade we have six SBS photos with detailed captions. This is a paint set that will help the newcomer to succeed a descent result and the more experienced modeller to gain time and have a perfect result. Another advantange is that all the shades can be purchased separately when run out! More to come in our editions!

More information in Vallejo website
    _DSC2437WEB.jpg _DSC2438_WEB.jpg _DSC2441_WEB.jpg _DSC2442_WEB.jpg
  2. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for taking the time to post the review I know set like that would help me out
  3. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Stelios, I got this set myself & it certainly makes things easier for wood & leather for me, (y)
    Mark D ;)
  4. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Yup, this could really be useful!

Joe
  5. MrKrister Member

Sweden
    Hi!
    Nice review!
    Does anybody know if it is possible to get only the instructions,
    because in my case, I already have all the colors...

Best regards,
    Krister
    MarquisMini likes this.
  6. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    you could try emailing vallejo see if they could send you a copy if you have any luck let us know
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have exactly the same situation, all of these paints , just need the instructions.
    Regards